Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's with this stuff, doesn't seem to dry, is streaky yet rain water falls off any surface it's usde on.
I didn't purchase any, just tried a small amount of both from a friend. I hated the clear watery stuff. The paste Ice at least seemed to dry and came off a little better.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
What's with this stuff, doesn't seem to dry, is streaky yet rain water falls off any surface it's usde on.
I didn't purchase any, just tried a small amount of both from a friend. I hated the clear watery stuff. The paste Ice at least seemed to dry and came off a little better.

It seems to be an oil or silicone base, I had the same results, I'll stick to my traditional products.

·
Premium Member
1,190 Posts
I have a friend that says it's perfect. Going to try it next week. Did you follow the instructions when you used it?

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Very easy to use IMO. You have to be liberal with the amount you put on, at least I did. I put it on a new vehicle and have had good results.

·
Premium Member
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a friend that says it's perfect. Going to try it next week. Did you follow the instructions when you used it?
Well...I wiped some on, waited what seemed like forever to wipe off the clear liquid product and it still was oily. The paste wax did dry to a slight haze and came off a little better.

I was just asking about the ICE >I'm a Mequiar's M21 ***, a great long lasting 'wet-look' product it is.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
I love this stuff.:)
x2 i used it after i do my pure waxing, i also use the ice detailer spray at the wipe down area;) works great! i still use my ole tried and true pledge from time to time to keep oil in the gel, but the ice works great, worth the lil extra $$$

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
x2 i used it after i do my pure waxing, i also use the ice detailer spray at the wipe down area;) works great! i still use my ole tried and true pledge from time to time to keep oil in the gel, but the ice works great, worth the lil extra $$$
Why do you want to keep oil in the gel........just curious?

·
Registered
550 Posts
I bought the ICE soap and it sucked. No suds, no cleaning performance at all. Good ole Zip Wax still works

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Why do you want to keep oil in the gel........just curious?
"I bought the ICE soap and it sucked. No suds, no cleaning performance at all. Good ole Zip Wax still works "

ok guys, here's the mistake alot of guys make! you never use a automotive wash on a boat, nor your fav dishwashing soap:D ask yourself what they do? what makes those bugs loosen up? what makes that lil bit of grease or oil slide off with car wash or dishsoap? yeahhhh, their degreasers:)bulb gel gets dull when degreased and fades, oxidizes;) ice doesn't strip out the oils/wax , that's why you don't see the same performance you would a carwash. try a true fiberglass wash 1 time, it'll act the same as the ice wash.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
"I bought the ICE soap and it sucked. No suds, no cleaning performance at all. Good ole Zip Wax still works "

ok guys, here's the mistake alot of guys make! you never use a automotive wash on a boat, nor your fav dishwashing soap:D ask yourself what they do? what makes those bugs loosen up? what makes that lil bit of grease or oil slide off with car wash or dishsoap? yeahhhh, their degreasers:)bulb gel gets dull when degreased and fades, oxidizes;) ice doesn't strip out the oils/wax , that's why you don't see the same performance you would a carwash. try a true fiberglass wash 1 time, it'll act the same as the ice wash.
That i can probally believe............but do tell me more about the oils needed in gel, thanx

·
Registered
550 Posts

I used it on the home vehicles maybe my water was to hard or something? The zipwax and other brands still work good

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
That i can probally believe............but do tell me more about the oils needed in gel, thanx
i'm no gel expert man:)hand i just know what works for me with the weather we have here. its hot and dry here 3month a yr and it does damage or leach whatever conditioner or oil , whatever its called outta the gel. reasom most guys are wetsanding is to get down to that good stuff again , and the only way to keep it good for me, is to keep it sealed in and not use products i know remove wax or oil.

·
You who rock I salute you
3,339 Posts
I use the ICE on everything.. the trick is to use the microfiber cloth.
X2

Ice is da way to go. Finest kine.

Put it on generously on cool surface, in shade, with a microfiber cloth,, wait 20 minutes, and buff remove with microfiber towles.

Everything else is hard work.
Cheapest place to buy it is COSTCO.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
I'm going to give this Ice a try. I've heard plenty about it.

Where do you find microfiber cloth.

·
Custom user title
374 Posts
Anyone try Zymol? I've been using that for a while now and although I don't think it last as long as the Meguiar's I used before it will buff out small imperfections which saves me a step. I used to use the Meguiar's, don't remember the number but the lightest abrasive, then follow up with their yellow carnauba. Been really happy with the Zymol the finish is amazing. Last time I waxed the boat I asked my little boy to feel the gel and he asked me why the boat was still wet and slippery even though I dried it.

G

·
Anyone try Zymol? I've been using that for a while now and although I don't think it last as long as the Meguiar's I used before it will buff out small imperfections which saves me a step. I used to use the Meguiar's, don't remember the number but the lightest abrasive, then follow up with their yellow carnauba. Been really happy with the Zymol the finish is amazing. Last time I waxed the boat I asked my little boy to feel the gel and he asked me why the boat was still wet and slippery even though I dried it.
For shine, I have found Zymol Carbon Wax to be the best on red and black. It's pricey but the shine is hard to beat. Durability is another story.

I tried ICE and didn't care for it.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Well...I wiped some on, waited what seemed like forever to wipe off the clear liquid product and it still was oily. The paste wax did dry to a slight haze and came off a little better.

I was just asking about the ICE >I'm a Mequiar's M21 ***, a great long lasting 'wet-look' product it is.
I have tried just about everything and I will second the Mequiars #21. Everything I own is black and it will produce a deep wet shine like no other. Its not cheap and usually has to be bought at a apint supply shop.

Keep in mind #21 only works on paint that is well taken care of. Some people think that just by applying a product their oxidized paint will look new. Not the case.

Adams polishes is a good second. I have never been a fan of Turtle waz products. Then again I am about as picky as a person can be when it comes to paint finishes.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts