Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the smallest daytona or tunnel / pickle running twins inboard motors i have 2 twin turbo small block Chevy motors that need a home as my x250 has a super bad core. dam it got to drive it once i have a 24 daytona that has a arnenson on it so it only has one hole.. maybe a coupler to tie the motors together or would they sit too high.. any thoughts ..??

·
Registered
432 Posts
whats the smallest daytona or tunnel / pickle running twins inboard motors i have 2 twin turbo small block Chevy motors that need a home as my x250 has a super bad core. dam it got to drive it once i have a 24 daytona that has a arnenson on it so it only has one hole.. maybe a coupler to tie the motors together or would they sit too high.. any thoughts ..??
we have a customer who has a 28 daytona with twin 6.2 small blocks its a nice boat good mileage and handling I havent seen anything smaller with twins

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Contact Rik at Arneson. They've done a few W type setups connecting two motors to one drive.

·
It's what we do
723 Posts
28 is the smallest Daytona with twins.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
When I was buying my boat at Eliminator, they had an 02 25 foot ICC with twin 6.2's. The salesman said they made three of then to date andsaid it did about 90 mph. That was 2005 when I saw it. I saw the same boat as a repo a couple years ago, but if memory serves me they motors and drives were gone.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sounds like i just need to stuff them in and see i already cut my hole and surface drive is on so 2 outdrives is out of the question

·
Or Seth, either one
3,270 Posts
Just one small block, built right and turbo charged will be good for at least 600hp (somewhat reliable) and upwards of 1000hp (less than reliable). Just my opinion, but I would think the extra weight of a second engine along with the complexity of joining the two to one drive... not worth the effort unless you have too much time and money.

Put that other boat back together, a little smoke and mirrors, and sell it. Apply the funds to building a big block for the Daytona.

On a side note, I am a big fan of Arneson Surface Drives and hope your project goes well.

-Seth-

1 - 7 of 7 Posts