Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if an Edelbrock Victor Jr mechanical fuel pump would be enough for this system on 10 pounds of boost. Also, can you dead head it with regulates up by the carb? Bought a previousely owned 468 BBC Gail banks with dual Holley 750's that was set up this way but I just don't see it working. There is a fuel block on the the rear of the the engine with two one way check valves. One side is been feed by that mechanical and the other, well, had a short #8 hose coming off like it was hooked to an electric pump, perhaps. I called him and he told me it was the return. But it each port has a one way check valve going into the dist block so it couldnt possibly be a return?? Also, he tapped the holley regulators mounting bolt hole to 1/8 in pipe. They had nice blue anodized 90 degree fittings with no hoses?? I thought they went to manifold for boost reference but it goes right into the fuel. Can't imagine returning fuel from way up there?? Possibly missing hoses with gauges?? It was supposely running fine when he took it out 6 months ago but??

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
Was wondering if an Edelbrock Victor Jr mechanical fuel pump would be enough for this system on 10 pounds of boost. Also, can you dead head it with regulates up by the carb? Bought a previousely owned 468 BBC Gail banks with dual Holley 750's that was set up this way but I just don't see it working. There is a fuel block on the the rear of the the engine with two one way check valves. One side is been feed by that mechanical and the other, well, had a short #8 hose coming off like it was hooked to an electric pump, perhaps. I called him and he told me it was the return. But it each port has a one way check valve going into the dist block so it couldnt possibly be a return?? Also, he tapped the holley regulators mounting bolt hole to 1/8 in pipe. They had nice blue anodized 90 degree fittings with no hoses?? I thought they went to manifold for boost reference but it goes right into the fuel. Can't imagine returning fuel from way up there?? Possibly missing hoses with gauges?? It was supposely running fine when he took it out 6 months ago but??
That sounds like kind of a mixed up system you have there. I used one of these when I had my drawthrough deal and it was great. It takes a deadhead style regulator and doesnt require a return. I used a Magnafuel Reg. #MP-9633 because its what I had laying around and it worked great. But the Racepumps Regs work well too. The pump puts out a constant 50psi so it takes a good reg.
Race Pumps Fuel Systems

Stepped up to their EFI version and its feeding my blowthrough today. Its still the same pump, its just cranked up to 150psi outlet pressure.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Hass828 i don't mean to change the post but i'm thinking about putting a boost limiter on my PSI blower manifold to reduce the boost.Do you know anything about these?Or would it be better to go with BOV.I'm trying to use my blower for the race track and river use.The blower has a 23lb cut in which would not be good for idling at the river.There is a easy fix but if i do it then the blower will not make the boost for the race track.This easy fix is to open up the bottom of the blower case to a 6lb cut.In turn it takes 6lbs away from the blower.Any ideas would help.Remember this is for two different motor's that i have.Lake and Race.

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
Hass828 i don't mean to change the post but i'm thinking about putting a boost limiter on my PSI blower manifold to reduce the boost.Do you know anything about these?Or would it be better to go with BOV.I'm trying to use my blower for the race track and river use.The blower has a 23lb cut in which would not be good for idling at the river.There is a easy fix but if i do it then the blower will not make the boost for the race track.This easy fix is to open up the bottom of the blower case to a 6lb cut.In turn it takes 6lbs away from the blower.Any ideas would help.Remember this is for two different motor's that i have.Lake and Race.
Thats greek to me, dont know anything about'em, sorry.:dunno:

·
Administrator
16,877 Posts
Why not just change pulleys?

Would a BOV blow out air and fuel?

·
Banned
1,263 Posts
Was wondering if an Edelbrock Victor Jr mechanical fuel pump would be enough for this system on 10 pounds of boost.
It's a draw thru so the boost means nothing if your asking about fuel psi differential. IE: you won't be boost referencing the pump nor regulator.

Only thing you'll need to know how much hp your engine is making to determine if that fuel pump can supply enough volume.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Are you sure he didn't just have the electric pump backing up the mechanical?

pics usually help on this stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts