Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
572cid, on E85
Man, thats a wild looking paint job. I hope you can get this thing to run so he can get his revenge on the outboards. Could nt think of a better person to get this blow through stealth to its best. U have any idea what the boat hull weight is?

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man, thats a wild looking paint job. I hope you can get this thing to run so he can get his revenge on the outboards. Could nt think of a better person to get this blow through stealth to its best. U have any idea what the boat hull weight is?
Not sure of the weight, but it seems comparable to mine.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Got any closer pics of the setup?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Cool. Looks like water cooled exhaust? Production exhaust or custom? E85 Negates the need for intercooler? Does that work well?

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Holy shit, It's not running a mag under there.... Must be the problem for everything. Throw a mag in there and set him straight......:stir:

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Holy shit, It's not running a mag under there.... Must be the problem for everything. Throw a mag in there and set him straight......:stir:
Lol, wont fit under those charge pipes or I would. The grid is pretty cool, and I like all the stuff it can do, as long as it has the nuts to keep this thing lit, and it doesnt do the famous "MSD fizzle" on him in the middle of the lake. :))ThumbsDwn

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool. Looks like water cooled exhaust? Production exhaust or custom? E85 Negates the need for intercooler? Does that work well?
Yes, aluminum watercooled exhaust logs, he made some billet blocks to adapt from the logs to the T6 turbos and incorporated the waste gates into them. Mark has ran as high as 30psi on his engine with the E-85 and no cooler.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
That's badass, kudos to whoever done the coldside it looks nice

·
Highaboosta
3,431 Posts
:))THumbsUp

Haas is a closet EFI lover.
He keeps getting a little closer to an electronic nightmare like I have every year. :)sphss

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
:))THumbsUp

Haas is a closet EFI lover.
He keeps getting a little closer to an electronic nightmare like I have every year. :)sphss
lol, I like it all. Just love to give the tech- geeks a hard time with my old school junk. :)hand

I think the MSD grid setup is pretty sweet. I had to adjust the crank trigger so the timing was exactly were the computer said it was, adjusted the phasing on the dizzy, Adjusted timing curve, went into the boost control module settings & setup the retard curve. Like I said its cool while its all working, but MSD grid box, ignition box, Canbus hub, coil, dizzy, retard module, and crank trigger all wired together with a basket full of wiring, and my 1 wire mag starts & runs just as good.
To each thier own. Its not that I dont understand it, I do and can use it just fine. Its just that in a turbocharged drag boat we dont use but a very small percentage of its capabilities. Now in an NOS boat maybe you guys need more of the functions, and certainly in a drag car with traction control issues. Its just way beyond the need for me.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Wow Hass. What a set up. That boat is beautiful. I bet you get it dialed in with no problems. looks like it would hang right with you.

·
Registered
879 Posts
He may want to think about moving his grid box and accessories or at least get a cover. Those look like they will get wet where they are located.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts