Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I be worried about my engine block for the next two night or should it be ok???? No water in or running out of drive. So should be empty. Asking because my boat is stored outdoors.

·
I'm famous !
7,043 Posts
Id pump some anti freeze threw it - Water still accumlates right under the freeze plugs - it doens't all come out

·
Banned
1,517 Posts
Pull the drain plugs or run some antifreeze or put a lamp down there to generate some heat

·
Registered
939 Posts
winterize

Well, my block already has a hole in it, but all my toys get parked in our wine warehouse were its temp controlled. Nice and comfy for the winter.

Jerry

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
As far as winterizing an outdrive ??
Your drive will still have water in it. The waterpump in most is in the top of the lower unit. I have seen them freeze and crack the upper housing close to the Gimbel. If you can run it on the hose and shut it off. Then put the hose in a bucket of anti-freeze higher then the motor and run it till anti-freeze come out and is in the whole system. I usually run abought 6 gallons total. That is 3 gallons mixed 50/50. Good luck. Some of us will need it.

·
Screamin SeaMonkees
1,663 Posts
Boat is covered, put a drop light under the bow and one under the engine hatch, put the batteries on charge. The jet doesn't need anything.

AB1, lower the drive to remove water trapped in the exhaust area of the bearing carrier.
:)hand

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts