Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, SK87 and SS701 competing right NOW! Thought it would be interesting reading to know my old boat and George Nordlings yellow Faulkner L boats are fighting for who sells first! One held more than one Championship in 468 class and the other held the same in the SK or under 400 cube class and was the original Nostalgia class inventor-original girl driven.

You must know both are in the Boat Spam section, and I have been fielding questions of both. Still fighting each other in spite of the fact they seldom ran in the same class except when the boat count went down and we stepped up to create the pics you saw. One is Left hand prop with a 12 degree box, the other the opposite. Both set ups turned equally but one, SS70 had more chute speed (more HP but now our SK87 has big power so it would be an incredible race IF the new owners could meet). Note, George's first Nostie Lavey SS76 ran a LH prop first and was first in points until he tipped her over!!!
Laveys TURN no matter which way the blades rotate and were "faster on the straights over any circle boat given the same power", (Quote by Gordon Jennings)!

So, watch the final bidding battle of all time! L style....:|err

Both parties plan on nostalgia racing, go figure! In my opinion, they will be encouraged to fill the ailing SS-PS classes! That will leave a mark:|err I can handle it.:D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great

There are three buyers competing at present that I know of! So off to happy homes, the L s go we hope.

Interestingly their prices are both $9900!:D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Right You Are Boyd

First off, it was great talking to you. That was a lot of information but it was worth soaking it all up. I'm not going to beat my head against the wall to figure out which one to go after anymore.:D I will get back with you when I find more out. Thanks again, it was a humorous and informative conversation to say the least.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My favorite picture

Newport Washington 2008, Laveys in 1st and 2nd! I remember the rush and challlenge staying in lane 2 with a big hole at #2 turns exit!!!! Big rush!

9% gear, oval port 427 ($2000 JYD) ran 80+mph & pulled hard, :)bulbput a good driver in and win! That's SS701 in my rooster! All the b-boats chickened out for this narrow river course, how come??? I wonder.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
First off, it was great talking to you. That was a lot of information but it was worth soaking it all up. I'm not going to beat my head against the wall to figure out which one to go after anymore.:D I will get back with you when I find more out. Thanks again, it was a humorous and informative conversation to say the least.
Welcome Gasser! Ya I know, lots of b boats to choose from also! When and if anyone gets the red one to the races, I'll fly down with suit bag in hand!:)bulb

1 - 6 of 6 Posts