Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Under yo mommas bed
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When setting the floats on dual 750s do you set them while in the water or while the motor is sitting level in the drive??

Last ? for now anyway. How do I pin my dist so I can run 36-38 degrees from the git go? Thanks
jangles

·
Under yo mommas bed
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are these carbs dual feeds mounted side ways or side mounted floats inline?
Is this a stock dizzy, mallory or MSD. I know it s not the last. Just had to ask?

The carbs are mounted inline and no it's not an msd altho it will be next summer. Mallory with the pertronix deal installed. TIA
jangles

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Set the floats on the trailer with the foward bowls right at the bottom of the plug hole. Set the rears bowls the same plus an additional hex flat on the adjuster. These are site plugs and not site glasses right?

As for the Mallory, there is a way, I just can't remember it right off. Maybe some one else will. I will see what I can find. Just give me a little while. things aren't exactly common knowledge nowadays.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Under yo mommas bed
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Set the floats on the trailer with the foward bowls right at the bottom of the plug hole. Set the rears bowls the same plus an additional hex flat on the adjuster. These are site plugs and not site glasses right?

As for the Mallory, there is a way, I just can't remember it right off. Maybe some one else will. I will see what I can find. Just give me a little while. things aren't exactly common knowledge nowadays.
They have sight glasses.... TIA

Did you buy the mallory new? If so it should have come with parts to do so. If not post a pick of it and I probably have what you need.:)

Maxi here is a pic of it. It had dual points so I put a Pertronics Igniter in it. Building on a fixed income budget. Next year an MSD. TIA

Attachments

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
They have sight glasses.... TIA

Those have regular bowls with the added sight plugs! You need to set as GN said for pluged bowls! You may also want to pull them so you can see the fuel touching the threads of the hole! Those clear plugs are nice when new but, not worth much when they cloud up!

Maxi here is a pic of it. It had dual points so I put a Pertronics Igniter in it. Building on a fixed income budget. Next year an MSD. TIA
i

·
What the Hell is That?
1,633 Posts
I remember hearing Mallorys needed a set screw put in somewhere to lock it out. I'd like to know also I'd lock to lock out my Comp 9K.

Sorry, Im about as much help as geterdone.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I have a Mallory unilite on my deal. The centrifugal advance mechanism is located under the plate where the points or pertronix box mounts. There are 2 screws on each side of the dist. that need to be removed and then the plate will come out. Once that is done, you will see how to lock the advance out. It's pretty self expanatory.

·
Under yo mommas bed
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a Mallory unilite on my deal. The centrifugal advance mechanism is located under the plate where the points or pertronix box mounts. There are 2 screws on each side of the dist. that need to be removed and then the plate will come out. Once that is done, you will see how to lock the advance out. It's pretty self expanatory.
Thanx you guys but I bought an msd.
jangles

1 - 10 of 10 Posts