Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's some pics of my 1987 TX-19 project .It's still got a ways to go but here's whats going on.I bought the boat from the 2nd owner who got it in 1991(I bought it from him this past Sept).Boat has not been in the water since 1997,This is what I've got done so far.New American Turbine intake,shoe, loader ,and ride plate.Blue printed Dominater pump,new "B" impeller and detailed bowl(done by Scotts Marine in Hot Springs AR).New Place FTN diverter and droop.Just finished putting the motor together last night.Planning on trying to put the motor in this weekend and break it in(if my MSD box will ever show up in the mail:mad:).

Attachments

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
Hey BS, good looking project. I have a place diverter and droop just like that one , except in black, that I'd sell cheap if you or any friends need one. Its like new with inserts. pm me if interested.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey BS, good looking project. I have a place diverter and droop just like that one , except in black, that I'd sell cheap if you or any friends need one. Its like new with inserts. pm me if interested.
You ought to post it on the Texas Hot Boat web site.There's been a few guys on there looking for one.Would probably sell.I got an old Dominator brand diverter set up with droop and shifter if anybody is interested.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
this is my brother:Dhe is gonna be so happy when he gets done.:)grngo to work my young son ;)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
buffed out old gel

I buffed out the gel on my Tx .It was in pretty sad shape (boat has set out side it's whole life) but it came out good enuff until I can repaint this winter.What is a good sealer to put on the gel to keep it from fading out so fast.

Attachments

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I put the gauges and carpet in yesturday.Gonna set motor back in and start plumbing water and fuel lines.Hope to have it ready for the water by the end of the month.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
gauges and carpet look nice,steering wheel is mully:)hand,looks nice bro.:D

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Looking good bro.:)devil Looks like you're going at a pretty good pace. Keep up the good work. Wish mine moved along that quickly.:D

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looking good bro.:)devil Looks like you're going at a pretty good pace. Keep up the good work. Wish mine moved along that quickly.:D
Thanks (I don't no what you mean by quickly ,I was planning on being done last week.LOL:D)I'm slow but ,methodical:)bulb !!I've read your post.Your doing it the right way with your Hawiian.BRO, keep up the good work yourself,Ask alot of questions .The only ignorant question is the one you didn't ask!When you get yours done (If you can afford to come to Arkansas) we got a huge beautiful lake(Lake Quachitha) that all us Jet Boat guys go to . June 20th thru 22nd there's suppose to be an Outlaw Jet Boat Meet:)devil at Lake Greeson AR> PM me if your interested.BS

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Thanks (I don't no what you mean by quickly ,I was planning on being done last week.LOL:D)I'm slow but ,methodical:)bulb !!I've read your post.Your doing it the right way with your Hawiian.BRO, keep up the good work yourself,Ask alot of questions .The only ignorant question is the one you didn't ask!When you get yours done (If you can afford to come to Arkansas) we got a huge beautiful lake(Lake Quachitha) that all us Jet Boat guys go to . June 20th thru 22nd there's suppose to be an Outlaw Jet Boat Meet:)devil at Lake Greeson AR> PM me if your interested.BS
Thanks. I might try to make it down there at some time, but my boat won't be presentable to travel to places with lots of other jets for a couple of years, when I get around to painting it, and putting a permanent interior in it. Staying local with my shit pile for awhile. Just putting some towels over the foam for this year.:D The damn motor ate up all my money for the project. Even though I went cheap on everything I could.:D Good luck on getting your project going by then. My goal for getting the motor started is next week, but last week my goal was this week, so it's not looking good for me.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got a little more done today:D Ran water and fuel lines.Was planning on running braided fuel lines but I'm running out of Pesos,guess I'll save for it later.Planning on finishing the wiring tomorrow.Should be firing it up and breaking in the mill by the end of the weekend:D.Might be ready to go to the lake by next weekend to fine tune.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
i like everything except the reg.mounted to the head;)looks nice ill be seeing it soon,bro:)hand

·
Registered
333 Posts
$$$

Looks good, yeah I know what you mean all that little stuff will nickel and dime ya to death. Good luck with the wiring and startup.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got all the wiring done and mounted the gas peddle ,divirter shifter ,nitious bottle and front seats .Dumped a little fuel down the carb and she busted off:D.Plan to break in the motor tomorrow if the thunder storms stay away.Started raining just as she busted off:)st.Here's a couple of pics(not that great) .I'm gonna buy a new camera as soon as I get thru spending money on the boat:)(if you believe that)

Attachments

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
looks very nice little buddy:)devilcant wait to run it in the morning:)hand

1 - 20 of 38 Posts