Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
straighter lines and better lay up quality on the cp

really?,i would have to go with who lays the boat up at the time:)hand

the original tx-19s laid up by the man himself jim youngblood,always looked good in quality and were built per owner specs.

jbx tx-19s jimmy johnsons modified molds,the bottoms were deeper and the top cap had a raised area.lines were not a smooth.

cp19s are really close to the original jbns.they both have the best lines of the tx-19 family imo.

but like i said it depended on the person that was building the boat at the time to make it come out sick.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,635 Posts
I am real happy with my Capps Condor. 23 yo and still together.
condor's bottom's hold up better than yb, all the tx19 yb's i've seen have either had the bottoms straightened or need it, you won't find that much with condor;)

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
condor's bottom's hold up better than yb, all the tx19 yb's i've seen have either had the bottoms straightened or need it, you won't find that much with condor;)
well jackass thats b/c condors are not as old as ybs.

my 76 jbn that is catching leaves and seems like ill never have the money to fix it:|errthe bottom has minimal hook 1/8 at the most and that is at the back.the strakes are straight as a arrow.

dads 79jbn was excellent shape also.we did the bottom of it b/c the jackasses that had it before us ran over stumps and gravel bars for a living,lol!!!

like i said i think it has to do with who laid it up at the time.

all the condors are nice boats as well.

i personally do not like the jbx hulls.the condors and ybs are very close to looks and thats what i would pick.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,635 Posts

my 76 jbn that is catching leaves and seems like ill never have the money to fix it:|errthe bottom has minimal hook 1/8 at the most and that is at the back.the strakes are straight as a arrow.

dads 79jbn was excellent shape also.we did the bottom of it b/c the jackasses that had it before us ran over stumps and gravel bars for a living,lol!!!

i personally do not like the jbx hulls.the condors and ybs are very close to looks and thats what i would pick.
i'll agree on the yb's being ole pos's:p find 1 with original bottom and gel and you've found yourself something, a boat needing bottom work,lol:D

no love for ervin even though he's a arkie now? jim youngblood wouldn't piss on ya if you were on fire, yet ervin will bend over backwards for anyone, go figure:)hand

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
i'll agree on the yb's being ole pos's:p find 1 with original bottom and gel and you've found yourself something, a boat needing bottom work,lol:D

no love for ervin even though he's a arkie now? jim youngblood wouldn't piss on ya if you were on fire, yet ervin will bend over backwards for anyone, go figure:)hand

tom dads was as close to original as we could find,still had the sticker on the side that said cabot arkansas.and it had only been painted red 1 time.no filler on the bottom.it was all gouged up from running over things.mine is the same funny that both of ours was the same brown sparkel gel coat.

i have met ervin a few times and he is a nice guy.i have heard that jim youngblood was a fella that had a chip on his shoulders,but i never met the guy so im not gonna bash the person that started the gullwings to much.

heres the deal with gullwings.

everyone copied the orginal molds.they changed them up alittle and said they were better.

cp
jbx
condor
just to name a few.

in reality it doesnt matter a 30 year old is goona need work:)handbuy a new one and it wont need much if any if it was built correctly.

so take that for whats it worth and pick your posion.

i pick jbns b/c they were the first and built in my home state.
thank you HOTBO:p

oh yeah and tom eat doodie!

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,635 Posts
tom dads was as close to original as we could find,still had the sticker on the side that said cabot arkansas.and it had only been painted red 1 time.no filler on the bottom.it was all gouged up from running over things.mine is the same funny that both of ours was the same brown sparkel gel coat.

i have met ervin a few times and he is a nice guy.i have heard that jim youngblood was a fella that had a chip on his shoulders,but i never met the guy so im not gonna bash the person that started the gullwings to much.

everyone copied the orginal molds.they changed them up alittle and said they were better.

cp
jbx
condor
just to name a few.

in reality it doesnt matter a 30 year old is goona need work:)handbuy a new one and it wont need much if any if it was built correctly.

lmao, i didn't even read what ya wrote but i know you get pissed when someone dogs yb's, i had to gig ya some, i haven't herd ya rant for awhile:D

·
Glendale Arizona
2,216 Posts
What about the Earl Smith TX-19s??
Mine's supposedly an Earl Smith. The bottom was pretty good and took minimal work to make perfectly straight. 1" stringers as opposed to the 2" I usually see on the CPs.

The sides are another story. Lots of waves. Let me rephrase..........lots and lots and lots of waves. Don't know what the sides look like on the jbns, but the CPs I've seen are pretty straight.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Mine's supposedly an Earl Smith. The bottom was pretty good and took minimal work to make perfectly straight. 1" stringers as opposed to the 2" I usually see on the CPs.

The sides are another story. Lots of waves. Let me rephrase..........lots and lots and lots of waves. Don't know what the sides look like on the jbns, but the CPs I've seen are pretty straight.
Yeah I was amazed how much the side of mine flexed when I pushed on it. Very thin sides but the deck is soild on mine. I also have 2" stringers.
Mines a '87 and I cant find one stress crack in it.
Sorry, still trippin out that I have a gullwing now!:D

·
I do all my own stunts.
1,624 Posts
calm down, :|err

cp
jbx
condor
just to name a few.

·
Registered
5,635 Posts

Jackass?? this thread went to shitz at post #6!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.