Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I passed a single roll over wreck on the 40 3 miles west of Ludlow. Chopper on the ground in the west bound lanes, and a twisted ball of metal that was virtually unidentifiable in the gully called a center divider. I mean this thing was about 8 ft in diameter, all twisted up in a ball. I can't see how anyone could have survived in that car? truck? SUV?......I couldn't even tell what color it was because so much of the outside was actually insides.........Ray

·
Large Member
2,150 Posts
This is according to the CHP website.............

9:29PMLANES OPEN
9:12PMPER 47, WB LANES SHUT MOMENTARILY FOR THE 1185
8:20PMWB #2 OPEN, #1 LANE STILL SHUT DOWN ON BOTH SIDES FOR RECOVERY OF THE VEH
7:53PMSHUTTING DOWN WB LANES FOR THE AIRSHIP
7:36PM2 AIRSHIPS, FIRE IS REQUESTING 3
7:14PM#2 IS OPEN TRFC IS LIGHT -- S5 CPZ
7:07PM1039 FAST TRAC TWOING
7:06PMSHUTING DOWN #1 LANE -- UNDETERMINED FOR EMERGENCY PERSONAL TO ACCESS THE TC
7:06PMREQ 1185 FB 60-70 FT OFF RDWAY
6:40PM4 YOA CHILD MINOR INJ
6:22PMSIL NISS SUV IN CD
6:19PM1039 COMM CNTER
6:19PMVEH ROLLED IN THE CD

·
Registered
52 Posts
We rolled by it just as they were "trying" to get it on the flat bed it was some kind of car but even being right next to it could not tell what it was. Hope everone was ok it was nasty.

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nissan?

We rolled by it just as they were "trying" to get it on the flat bed it was some kind of car but even being right next to it could not tell what it was. Hope everone was ok it was nasty.
The CHP info says Nissan SUV, man you sure couldn't tell it. A twisted ball of metal was all I could see going by east bound and looking back. The CHP said "traffic was light" ?? The west bound was backed up almost to Ludlow while the chopper was on the ground.......I hope they all made it.............Ray

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
And our Gov. wants to make cars lighter so they get better mileage????

What a great idea!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
255 Posts
That was an ugly scene. As we kept rolling west on the 40 we saw CHP and an ambulance headed eastbound. But, they were a long way away from the accident. That is a long time to wait for help. Is that the closest ambulance? Barstow?

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
We rolled by when there was just a single CHP on scene. Looked pretty bad. I hope everyone involved is OK.

·
Twin squirt guns.
1,778 Posts
Saw this too. Lady on a stretcher, on her side. No blood, but they were rolling her to her back to install a neck brace. Only saw one person and no yellow sheets. Amazing she looking OK but the SUV was a mess. She rolled the thing down in the ditch about 30 feet below the road.

We passed her at about 6:45? It looked like a very recent accident. One CHP and one fire truck (F series). Saw a bunch of stuff rolling her way for another 30 minutes. Man, if you are hurt it is a LONG wait for someone to help, let alone get you moving to a hospital.... ughhh

1 - 10 of 10 Posts