Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Village Idiot
3,459 Posts
Like we could tell from that picture alone. The second problem was that you ripped it out with your bare hands. Next time try taking off the rod bolts as it might damage less stuff.

Paul

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Like we could tell from that picture alone. The second problem was that you ripped it out with your bare hands. Next time try taking off the rod bolts as it might damage less stuff.

Paul
Funny Paul. Trust me, that thing didn't fall out of the cylinder on its own. It required some persuasion. If I didn't KNOW what caused it to fail, I would be totally stumped myself. I only put this up to see what the guesses would be.
You see what I saw, only I have the slight advantage of knowing what happened a split second before. Believe it or not, the thing was still running.
Pin too tight maybe?
Excellent guess Vette, and would be my guess if I was looking at the pic. In reality, the pin has no signs of heat nor does the pin bore. I have had pistons fail from tight pins or flex, but it usually results in the pin boss being pulled completely from the piston. The pin pulls out and stays with the rod swinging around cause hell. Actually the engine is in pretty decent shape aside of the cylinder and this piston and rod.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts

Paul
You crack me up!

·
Village Idiot
3,459 Posts
Is this yours? If so it would eliminate some of my thoughts as to the build. Either way, that picture does not help be much. I am sure better individuals with more experience might be able to pick it right out.

Paul

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Was that a custom piston Bob? The few I have seen break like that were customs and there was very little metal between the top of pin and oil ring groove.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Is this yours? If so it would eliminate some of my thoughts as to the build. Either way, that picture does not help be much. I am sure better individuals with more experience might be able to pick it right out.

Paul
Yeah, its out of our 300 enduro motor. It took some restraining to keep Bill from kicking some serious ass when he got back ton shore. To say he was pissed would be a huge understatement.
Was that a custom piston Bob? The few I have seen break like that were customs and there was very little metal between the top of pin and oil ring groove.
Stock off the shelf SRP with a 1.52 compression hieght. Same piston used in a 4.25 stroke low deck 496 with a stock 6.135 rod.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
633 Posts
Yeah, its out of our 300 enduro motor. It took some restraining to keep Bill from kicking some serious ass when he got back ton shore. To say he was pissed would be a huge understatement.

Stock off the shelf SRP with a 1.52 compression hieght. Same piston used in a 4.25 stroke low deck 496 with a stock 6.135 rod.

Well from this post , my guess would be someone gave you a splash of water and hydro-locked the cylinder , But I thought you ran your scoop backwards ?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts