Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
189 Posts
Blown valve

here ya go scott. Glad you had the restraint on and didn't loose the valve. The new bolts are a must.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4jqu39-ida

thanks for the vid gene !....that restraint not only save my valve but it stop it from beating the hell out of my transom. I was lucky and only got a small chip .....new bolts are gonna happen for sure.

· Registered
923 Posts
Can someone school me on what a "pop off" is... To be it possibly sounds like a pressure release valve when pressures get to high?? Ive never heard of one of these... Not asking because i want one, id just like to have one more piece of knowledge for the ol data bank :)hand

· FAT GUY IN A TPR STEALTH
1,805 Posts
Can someone school me on what a "pop off" is... To be it possibly sounds like a pressure release valve when pressures get to high?? Ive never heard of one of these... Not asking because i want one, id just like to have one more piece of knowledge for the ol data bank :)hand
its a valve that bolts to the top of the suction piece where the clean out cover is ... yes its an air actuated relief valve.
at high speeds trying to slowdown can get a little scary... hit the switch .. pop .. easy landing.

· burnt mexican incorprated
361 Posts
its a valve that bolts to the top of the suction piece where the clean out cover is ... yes its an air actuated relief valve.
at high speeds trying to slowdown can get a little scary... hit the switch .. pop .. easy landing.

heydarrin .. do you ever run that boat theres a lot of dust n that thing ..and no you cant blame the valley and jon for the dust ... that shop is one of :)hand the cleanest i have ever been in ...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.