Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished, resto on the original Underdog Boat, well after months of hard work its finally finished and ready to get wet. Some of us and the new owner (rivertime 247) will be at river this weekend to see if the old boat can live up to its reputation.

Boat should be a nice addition to the lower part of the river. Look out Tom here comes Scott

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Forgot

I almost forgot the old time driver to go along with Underdog. I bet it has been 25+ years since you where sitting in that boat.

I love the looks of this boat with the red hardware

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
"There's no need to fear, Underdog is here!!!!!!"lol:D

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
Skom, they have down tubes in them that pick up the liquid n2 off the bottom of the bottle. never seen one mounted like that.

Again, looks awesome guys. Great job. Lots of history there.

CS

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Skom, they have down tubes in them that pick up the liquid n2 off the bottom of the bottle. never seen one mounted like that.

CS
We were worried that the G forces would force liquid away from pick up tube also. We were told no problem, we shall see this weekend

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts

CS
There's a reason why....

But if they checked and were told otherwise .... okay. I hope it has a high flow valve and I would run at least a -6 line on the system. The big problem is going to be; how many run's will they get out of it ? After 3 full passes it will more than likey unload.

Edit: If that's a 15 lb bottle the pick up tube will stay loaded much, much longer so not so big a deal. But it still won't get the number of passes out of it if it were not mounted at 90* .

Hopefully someone know's a lot more than I do, but that is really not that hard sometimes :p

Damn nice looking boat..... great job.

Sleeper CP :D

·
Glendale Arizona
2,368 Posts

CS
That is a great looking boat!

I've seen some instructions on pdf that show this as an alternative method of mounting when the normal way won't work. The instructions (pdf) said to rotate the bottle slghtly (in this case knob rotated 45 degrees towards the front) as the pickup tube is postitioned closer to the side of the bottle rather than right down the middle. Looks like this bottle is installed straight up. Might benefit and feed better (empty the bottle better) if rotated some.

I may have to do that with the new boat as I don't have as much room to put things due to the bulkhead up front (Kachina didn't have a bulkhead there).

If anybody cares, here's a link to Nos's instruction pdf documentation. See pages 11 and 12 for bottle mounting options. I've seen similar instructions from other companies, but this one was easiest to find. It says you can even mount em upside down, but the siphon tube has to be removed. No doubt neither of these are the preferred method, but it'll work.

Nitrous bottle mounting instructions Holley/NOS pdf document

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Looks to me like the second "Under Dog" boat.Greg lost a sponson on the first one at a NJBA Parker Az race in 78. :D

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Looks to me like the second "Under Dog" boat.Greg lost a sponson on the first one at a NJBA Parker Az race in 78. :D
Ouch, that would ruin your day!:D

·
Inland Empire-Big River
807 Posts
That gel kicks ass!! Old skool scheme never dies. Is that the original gel? It would be bad ass to have a new one layed up with the old skool look;)

1 - 20 of 64 Posts