Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
One part at a time...
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How far under can you go before the impeller needs replacing? Also, I can't get a bronze shouldered wear ring in the undersize I need, should I go with stainless shouldered or the ultimate wear ring?

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
once i get to .40, its time for a fresh impellor. go with the ultimate wearring:)devil love em!

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
How far under can you go before the impeller needs replacing? Also, I can't get a bronze shouldered wear ring in the undersize I need, should I go with stainless shouldered or the ultimate wear ring?
If there is a wear ring available that fits the impeller correctly you should be able to run it. Obviously the impeller will be thinner than it was at STD. at .030-.040 under but life goes on and it should not be a problem for a stainless, if its aluminum just get a new one cause its on its last leg anyways.

It doesnt seem to bother some of these yahoos who go and cut .025 off a $1000 impeller just to make it fit in an $80 wear ring.

Just like a crankshaft or any other parts, having them being correct size (STD.) is ideal for alot of reasons.

·
One part at a time...
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is a stainless "B" and is prepped by MPD so I would kinda like to use it. I mistakenly ordered a standard bronze from [email protected] without measuring it first. I sent it back and hes gonna take care of it. Thanks for the replies.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts