Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello -

I just came from a meeting between the Piranha 3D location people and the Lake Havasu City Manager's office. I want to remind everyone that the south end of the Channel will be subject to "Intermittent Traffic Control" during the filming of the "massacre scene" over the next few days. The big scene will be shot Thursday (June 4), with over 500 extras and 150 crew. Friday and Saturday will be a little smaller and each day's shooting will diminish in magnitude through next Saturday (June 13). There is no filming on Sundays.

The Channel will not be closed to boat traffic indefinitely, but be advised there will be times when the quickest route to the other side of the shoot will be to go around the Island. Access to all Channel businesses will be available by land and water. The beaches on the London Bridge side of the shoot will be open for your use.

We appreciate your patience and cooperation during this activity.

Charlie Cassens

·
The Pool Bitch
4,236 Posts
Hello -

I just came from a meeting between the Piranha 3D location people and the Lake Havasu City Manager's office. I want to remind everyone that the south end of the Channel will be subject to "Intermittent Traffic Control" during the filming of the "massacre scene" over the next few days. The big scene will be shot Thursday (June 4), with over 500 extras and 150 crew. Friday and Saturday will be a little smaller and each day's shooting will diminish in magnitude through next Saturday (June 13). There is no filming on Sundays.

The Channel will not be closed to boat traffic indefinitely, but be advised there will be times when the quickest route to the other side of the shoot will be to go around the Island. Access to all Channel businesses will be available by land and water. The beaches on the London Bridge side of the shoot will be open for your use.

We appreciate your patience and cooperation during this activity.

Charlie Cassens
Charlie, when you say the beaches on the London Bridge side will be open for use, are you referring to the London Bridge Resort side (mainland), and that the beaches on the island side will be closed? Sorry, just not sure which side is the London Bridge side.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
Pheb, what time does this all start, let me know, I'll play hookie for bit and meet ya!!:)hand

·
C Ya on da lake
6,991 Posts
I called you back. I'm heading out to do a couple of filters and then I'll be in the channel.
mmmm, i do show a msg, but no missed call... sorry... We are gonna go for a boat this afternoon... let me know if you have any plans tonight... hint, drinks...I am buyin...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Charlie, when you say the beaches on the London Bridge side will be open for use, are you referring to the London Bridge Resort side (mainland), and that the beaches on the island side will be closed? Sorry, just not sure which side is the London Bridge side.

Thanks

Thanks, Phebus, I should be more clear. I am referring to the east and west sides of the north end of the south Channel. :D

In other words, the beaches on both the Island and the mainland sides of the Channel on the north (London Bridge) side of the movie shoot.

I hope that helps.

In fact, the movie folks encourage people to use those beaches for background in the shots.

CC

·
The Pool Bitch
4,236 Posts
So, if I understand you, the beaches on the north side of the bridge will be open, but the beaches on the south side of the bridge will be closed during the hours of the shoot and the channel will be closed intermittently during the shoot.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So, if I understand you, the beaches on the north side of the bridge will be open, but the beaches on the south side of the bridge will be closed during the hours of the shoot and the channel will be closed intermittently during the shoot.

The beaches north of the Bridge will be open as well as the beaches south of the Bridge EXCEPT in the vicinity of the shoot. That's most of the south Channel open on both sides except for a couple hundred feet on either side.

CC

·
Registered
410 Posts
The beaches north of the Bridge will be open as well as the beaches south of the Bridge EXCEPT in the vicinity of the shoot. That's most of the south Channel open on both sides except for a couple hundred feet on either side.

CC

Who's on first??? :D

·
I'm baaaaack...
4,365 Posts
I have to go to Thompson Bay at 5 AM. I'll be there for the next week and a half.

Does that clarify anything?

·
LHC Architect
1,555 Posts

Thanks

Thanks, Phebus, I should be more clear. I am referring to the east and west sides of the north end of the south Channel. :D

In other words, the beaches on both the Island and the mainland sides of the Channel on the north (London Bridge) side of the movie shoot.

I hope that helps.

In fact, the movie folks encourage people to use those beaches for background in the shots.

CC
you two best go back to landmarks....like....3 palm trees past the English villiage to the 4th park bench past Kokomos:)sphss

·
I'm baaaaack...
4,365 Posts
There you go.

I found the best way to figure it out is to watch the nice gentlemen collecting overtime in the police boat. They let people through between shoots, and cut them off during. You could have to park right where you are for an hour though, if you get stuck in the middle during a shoot. If your boat is loud, like mine, you won't be able to run through during a Channel traffic shot - too much noise for the mikes. That's why I was beached all day.

·
The HMFIC
1,748 Posts
there is a pretty good chance this is not going straight to DVD we were there for the past 3 day and saw vinge raymes richard dryfuss jerry oconnell and elizabeth shue 2 to of those 4 i dont think would do some straight DVD movie. at least i dont think they would.

·
Islander Moho Trash
2,119 Posts
A Pirannah 3D movie shooting in havasu?

Shouldn't it really be a IMAX documentary on the brain eating amoeba?;):)sphss

·
Registered
188 Posts
Where are all the DCB's going to park???? It's DCB regatta weekend and the Channel is subject to closure. Oh the tragedy of it all.:D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts