Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
private dancer
484 Posts
I like the way Eliminator did the stitching on your seats but the seat bottoms should of had the seam tucked. Almost like a two piece seat bottom. Some of their seats are done that way. It keeps the pressure off the seam.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Oakley Auto Upholstery did the DiMarco. Very reasonable price and did a great job. I believe Deltarat went to him also. Ask for Tony.:)
Tony does a great job. He did three of my boats (complete). However, he can be difficult to work with and I chose to not use him any more since 2002. Adam at CG Customs in Manteca has done two complete interiors (Mirage Ski Racer and '56 Chevy) for me in the last few years and I have been very happy with everything.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like the way Eliminator did the stitching on your seats but the seat bottoms should of had the seam tucked. Almost like a two piece seat bottom. Some of their seats are done that way. It keeps the pressure off the seam.
Should not have torn but s..t happens. Probably do both bottoms so it doesn't happen again.

·
Just Shoot It!!
35 Posts
Upholstery Repair...

I know a guy who does great work, and he owns a go-fast (a 29' LaveyCraft). His name is John McNichols. I've seen his work and it is purely professional. The stuff he does is as good, if not better, than factory.

Contact him at: 925.432.7962 (He's in Pittsburg, a little bit of a trip from San Jose). The weather's nice, and so maybe if it is a quick fix/repair job then you can splash the boat at the Pittsburg Marina (long ramp, too) and play for a day?

Good luck with the repair!

-Lenny
[email protected]
www.Shoot-2-Thrill.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts