Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to get my seats upholstered this winter, and I want to know what fabric is better. I see pictures of boats and I see vinyl in all different colors, and cloth I only see in black and gray, does cloth come in any other colors like vinyl, and does vinyl fade.
Thanks

·
Coors Light Tour - 2010
341 Posts
I'm going to get my seats upholstered this winter, and I want to know what fabric is better. I see pictures of boats and I see vinyl in all different colors, and cloth I only see in black and gray, does cloth come in any other colors like vinyl, and does vinyl fade.
Thanks
You might check with Quickjet, I think he has some Rainbow Vinyl left from his last boat project...

·
Junior Mumbler
521 Posts
Use a good grade marine vinyl and fading is minimal if takin care of. I think the reason you see more black and gray cloth is if you want black but dont want the temp you use cloth. But you dont want cloth in a greasy dock banger cause it will go to hell in a hurry. I just did an all blue cloth Vector. Looked great. With cloth people say the water gets in, but it gets in vinyl also, but the cloth dries faster. I,ll see if I caqn get pics up of the blue one.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Coolchange
I think you replied to my post a couple of months ago about upholstery. I just never got around to do them, did you do upholstery work.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
My .02 is vinyl is old school and traditional. Cloth is nice in the fact that if you jump in on a hot day it wont burn you like vinyl, but get oil or grease on your vinyl, wipe it off, on your cloth, good luck! I'm redoing my seats soon, and it will be in vinyl. Anyone have a good man for doing buckets in the SF bay area? BTW you can get cloth in any color/shade you want.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts