Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone here know which upswept header might fit my 1990 cheyenne.there isn't a whole lot of room in between the current o.t.'s and the side of the boat.

·
B.A.M aka "Black Azz Mike
2,925 Posts
Waaaaaaasssup Marty?? How ya been brotha? Glad to see you finally here :)

Spitter

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
waaaasup my brotha? long time no see!l.o.l., got the blown 460 ford put together,running 93 gps on pump gas @10% underdriven.sounds like i need to check into the rewarders,i've never seen an actual stealth in real life,how wide are they from right to left in the engine compartment? :|err michael, what kind of sled you got now?

·
not ******
718 Posts
does anyone here know which upswept header might fit my 1990 cheyenne.there isn't a whole lot of room in between the current o.t.'s and the side of the boat.

Is it blistering the gel coat by them? if your boat is your avatar they look pretty good, or you might want to look into a set that arn't twisties....just a thought

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
you're never gonna run it hard enough to blister gel:D:D overdrive overdrive,lmao. hey marty!:)devil ya need to come up with gary p on the 4th, he's stayin on b.bow for the wk.

hey, i've still got these baffles you sent me, do you want me to sell em on here, have the buyer send you the cash, and i'll send them to em? pm me, tom e.

·
B.A.M aka "Black Azz Mike
2,925 Posts
waaaasup my brotha? long time no see!l.o.l., got the blown 460 ford put together,running 93 gps on pump gas @10% underdriven.sounds like i need to check into the rewarders,i've never seen an actual stealth in real life,how wide are they from right to left in the engine compartment? :|err michael, what kind of sled you got now?

Got the gullwing and Im finally finishing it. I will be ready next month :)

·
Registered
436 Posts
I run Big tubed o/t Bassett's on my 1987 Cheyenne with no blistering.It's close but no problem here.

JimS

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is it blistering the gel coat by them? if your boat is your avatar they look pretty good, or you might want to look into a set that arn't twisties....just a thought
It's not blistering the gel coat,just wanted to be one of the first in my area to run the upswept headers,i would like some borla's,stainless would be the shiznit!:)devil

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
It's not blistering the gel coat,just wanted to be one of the first in my area to run the upswept headers,i would like some borla's,stainless would be the shiznit!:)devil
check ebay marty, i've been looking for a set myself and there's been some nice borla's for bbc go thru for @300 a set. bbf is gonna be alittle bit harder to find though. might check and see if edelbrock is makin them, they make nice 1's for bbc for 420.00 new, been looking at those for mine.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
check ebay marty, i've been looking for a set myself and there's been some nice borla's for bbc go thru for @300 a set. bbf is gonna be alittle bit harder to find though. might check and see if edelbrock is makin them, they make nice 1's for bbc for 420.00 new, been looking at those for mine.
IT'S ALL GOOD, BLUE THUNDER HEADS WITH CHEBBY EXHAUST!:D I NEED A FORGED 460 CRANK,FIXIN TO BUY ONE NEW IF I CAN'T FIND A NICE USED ONE.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
IT'S ALL GOOD, BLUE THUNDER HEADS WITH CHEBBY EXHAUST!:D I NEED A FORGED 460 CRANK,FIXIN TO BUY ONE NEW IF I CAN'T FIND A NICE USED ONE.
damn, did that much damage when it milked?:mad: sorry to hear that marty.

snag ya a set of the borla's offa ebay then or check out these stainless edelbrocks, man they're good looking headers, be damn nice if someone built them then had em coated:)devil i should have the $$$ together for mine soon!

Attachments

·
Lurker
1,417 Posts
Check out this link, i posted some pics of my old boat with the borla upsweep headers.

http://www.performanceboats.com//showthread.php?t=4548

have a good one

I just bought a set of the Borla's. I have to change 1 tube on each side to fit in my narrow TX-20. I will try to get pictures and an inside measurement on how narrow my boat is. This may give you something to go off of for your Cheyanne. They are very nice headers (2 3/8 stainless with collector mufflers) and I only paid $425.00 for them.
You can see the headers in the link LIL Squirt posted. I have to change the one tube on each side that sticks out the furthest. Still cheaper than a custom stainless set, or a mild steal set from most others (bassett/rewarder ect).

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
I just bought a set of the Borla's. I have to change 1 tube on each side to fit in my narrow TX-20. I will try to get pictures and an inside measurement on how narrow my boat is. This may give you something to go off of for your Cheyanne. They are very nice headers (2 3/8 stainless with collector mufflers) and I only paid $425.00 for them.
You can see the headers in the link LIL Squirt posted. I have to change the one tube on each side that sticks out the furthest. Still cheaper than a custom stainless set, or a mild steal set from most others (bassett/rewarder ect).

do you think ceramic would stick to a used set well? be thinking about some used borlas, have them shipped to a good coater, then have them sent to me ready to bolt on all new , fresh and shit:D

·
Lurker
1,417 Posts
do you think ceramic would stick to a used set well? be thinking about some used borlas, have them shipped to a good coater, then have them sent to me ready to bolt on all new , fresh and shit:D
My header guy say's it's no problem as long as they are cleaned good. I told him that is what I had planned and he said the hot ticket is to polish them and then have the inside coated.
Mine are just gonna get a polishing and run them through the summer, then decide what to do.

Like I said earlier, I will get a measurement off of my boat and post it. That should help decide if they will be a bolt in affair with some of the narrower cockpits. Tall deck block and Big Duke heads aren't helping the situation any in my TX-20 as the twisty rewarders I originaly had wouldn't fit!

·
not ******
718 Posts

As you can see in my first pic on that link, mine were uncoated when i bought the boat. sent them to Jet Hot, it was like $250 for them to clean/sandblast/coat and shipped back. only took about 2 weeks door to door. and they are guaranteed for life, if they chip or blister they will recoat for free. i also ran mine dry for a full summer, the only that happened to them was the coating just kinda dulled down a little right by the head. very happy with their product. good luck

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks, i want to pull the trigger on some,just don't know what to buy.i did see a tpr stealth pic, yesterday with some,very nice!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
damn, did that much damage when it milked?:mad: sorry to hear that marty.

snag ya a set of the borla's offa ebay then or check out these stainless edelbrocks, man they're good looking headers, be damn nice if someone built them then had em coated:)devil i should have the $$$ together for mine soon!
no damage,i just wanna put another crank in it.it has an eagle cast steel,i am going to upgrade to an 4340 forged.while i have it torn down!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts