Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
You got to be kidding.WTF are they thinking make us pay more taxes to just turn around and give it away.Why not cut are taxes so we can spend OUR money on things we need.This is very unfair what if you have a new car or dont need a new one and need to put a roof on your house or u want a new boat.

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
7,834 Posts
Isnt that the truth.

You got to be kidding.WTF are they thinking make us pay more taxes to just turn around and give it away.Why not cut are taxes so we can spend OUR money on things we need.This is very unfair what if you have a new car or dont need a new one and need to put a roof on your house or u want a new boat.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I think it's great! Everyone complained when the Govt. supported the corporations with TRILLIONS of dollars and we all recieved nothing. The common remark was "where's my stimulus?" Well......., here it is.
This small 1 billion stimulus has created more positive talk than all the others combined. Car dealerships are overflowing with customers, people are spending that rat holed money they have been saving. The states are collecting an average of over 2K to 3K in sales tax, not to mention DMV fees.
Salesmen , shippers, etc. etc. are supplied with more work. People get excited with their new car, stereos and accessories will start to sell more briskley. This is the first stimulus that I have seen that has had an immediate result. If they would stimulate other industries directly with these small packages I think we'll all benifit. A boat buying stimulus would be nice, just a billion or so would kick off the industry again. A restaurant stimulus? A roofing package, A furniture package and on and on.
That could havd had 1000's of these stimulus packages instead of giving it all to the corporate assholes that ripped us all off.

G

·
Your gov't just doing what they were told to do. Stimulate the economy, get us deeper in to debt, and act irresponsibly with our tax money. :)sphss

·
Registered
903 Posts
I think it's great! Everyone complained when the Govt. supported the corporations with TRILLIONS of dollars and we all recieved nothing. The common remark was "where's my stimulus?" Well......., here it is.
This small 1 billion stimulus has created more positive talk than all the others combined. Car dealerships are overflowing with customers, people are spending that rat holed money they have been saving. The states are collecting an average of over 2K to 3K in sales tax, not to mention DMV fees.
Salesmen , shippers, etc. etc. are supplied with more work. People get excited with their new car, stereos and accessories will start to sell more briskley. This is the first stimulus that I have seen that has had an immediate result. If they would stimulate other industries directly with these small packages I think we'll all benifit. A boat buying stimulus would be nice, just a billion or so would kick off the industry again. A restaurant stimulus? A roofing package, A furniture package and on and on.
That could havd had 1000's of these stimulus packages instead of giving it all to the corporate assholes that ripped us all off.

So it benefits some at a cost to others (me!). My vehicles are relatively new and won't qualify for the program so I don't get anything from it other than increased taxes.

All these so-called stimulus programs you mention are great (boats, restaurants, roofing (my favorite), furniture, etc) but who is going to pay for it? All you are doing is shuffling money around and ultimately it will cost us all through higher taxes and inflation. It's a short term solution to a long term problem. Once again, the government giving away our money.

G

·

I think stimulating yourself is usually called masturbating, but I could be wrong :)sphss

·
Registered
257 Posts
This is the exact same program that the Japanese Gov has implemented for YEARS not Yen.. There are no old cars in Japan as the Gov. makes it attractive for the consumers to purchase new cars and thus feed the auto industry which in turn feeds the workers which in turn feeds the communities which in turn feeds the taxes and it all starts over again.

Problem is that this doesn't sound like a bad idea, but it is a problem with law of physics. The law of conservation of energy to be exact. This cannot go on for ever as at some point it will run out on one end or the other. The other is us by the way..

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
So it benefits some at a cost to others (me!). My vehicles are relatively new and won't qualify for the program so I don't get anything from it other than increased taxes.

All these so-called stimulus programs you mention are great (boats, restaurants, roofing (my favorite), furniture, etc) but who is going to pay for it? All you are doing is shuffling money around and ultimately it will cost us all through higher taxes and inflation. It's a short term solution to a long term problem. Once again, the government giving away our money.
I'm just saying that I wish they would have started with this type of stimulus before they gave trillions to prop up the rip off companies that did nothing to stimulate the economy, only lined the big wigs pockets. Stimulating the economy may have propped up the BK companies all in itself for less expense.

Now that they have Focked up with all the other money, they want to try something else. Had they started with trillions in buying incentives the banks and Mfgs. may not be in the situation they are in and WE the people would have benefited. We would still have to pay it back, but at least we got something out of it. All I got out of the other stimulus money was a bill.

I don't need a car , so this money does nothing for me. Now, if they would directly give people some money towards a swimming pool, we're talking!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.