Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from Fox News.

Breaking News: Financially hemorrhaging US Postal Service announces it will end Saturday mail delivery beginning in August.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Makes more sense if they cut wed or thurs...won't have 2 days without servive in a row.

·
Administrator
16,877 Posts
Will they just save $$ on the vehicle costs I wonder or reduce people used to cover the loss of Saturdays.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
And this will be followed by a rate increase and this followed by a statement that they are losing money.The usps and schools are always crying for more money always have been for as long as I can remember.Guess what the only thing they get any better at is spending money and putting more of it in there own pocket.

·
Bass Lake Dream'n
3,082 Posts
We had a rash of mailbox break ins here in the Corona area last month. The bastards targeted the cluster boxes with crowbars. Some of the boxes (including ours) were not USPS property, turns out after a long fight and lawyers reviewing contracts, the HOA owns them and is responsible for replacement. But who knows how long till they actually do something about it.
Since the break in and destruction of the boxes, we've been going to the local post office everyday to get our mail. We were treated horribly by everyone but 1 person in that office. Last Friday we received a letter that in 14 days the PO would return all our mail to sender. They're not willing to work with us even though they work for us. We ended up getting a PO box at a local privately owned mail center. I'm now trying to figure out how to eliminate all of my USPS mail. I refuse to do business with them if possible.
As far as them stopping delivery on Saturdays? I think they should just go the way of the dinosaur. Hopefully the DMV will die off too.
A little polite compassion goes a long way, maybe the employees should give a little of it if they want it in return.

·
"I'm just SPRAYIN' man!!"
618 Posts
They're talking about having the Post Offices open and package delivery on Saturdays...just closing down the regular mail routes. Makes a lot of sense to me.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Funny, I remember one of our liberals on here call me out for saying the Post Office always runs in the red..... Huh.....
I try and use UPS and FEDX if possible.
i just hope they lay some people off or fire so the drones can feel a little of what America is feeling and not hang on to their Cush job....

·
The member
3,244 Posts
90% of them are illegal pos of lazy shit, they walk around with there head in there ass all
Day and don't even want to get out of there truck to drop off the mail. I have done Plenty of work at one of the main offices in San Francisco you wouldn't believe your mail would ever get tO your door looking at these people. I'm telling you it's unfuckin real the zombies that work there.
Fuckem I hope this country gets what these liberals deserve I'm ready to start cleaning up!!!

·
Registered
195 Posts
i have ordered stuff for years from jegs,summit,cp perf,etc.,etc.,they all use eith fed ex or ups,NEVER a problem,always on time in good shape. i recently purchased a part fro an individual, came thru post office, got routed incorrectly,was several days late, there tracking system sucks,when it finally arrived i went to local post office to pickup the box had a gaping hole,looked like a forklift had gone thru the package. it was a miracle the contents were all there and undamaged!!! i hope congress does not step in and make them continue sat serv.,and they need to quit proping them up financialy.

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I just dont believe how this government funded company is losing money <sarcastic>

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
5 day work week....

Will they just save $$ on the vehicle costs I wonder or reduce people used to cover the loss of Saturdays.
Yes, they should save massive amounts of money by eliminating the 6th day of their work week. As it is now, they must hire additional people to run each route one day a week to prevent the regular route carrier from racking up overtime for the 6th day... A relief carrier will run 5 different "relief routes" per week...AND, the regular carrier's two days off are "earned" by seniority, so most have "split" weekends. (like a Wednesday and Sunday).... I can remember when we only had mail service 5 days a week and we got along just fine without Saturday delivery..... Besides, who really uses "snail mail" unless there is just no other way..... I think the only people that will bitch are those waiting for their food stamps/welfare checks until Monday....Tough!!!
Ray

·
Just Me
4,056 Posts
And this will be one of the only government jobs that will get cut. As you know all those fill in route people will be cut. What does that say about the ecconomy when even government backed companies have to cut jobs?

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
Government thinking at its finest!!!!!!

Let's think this out. Every single employee in the entire USPS system was already hired and salaried to work Saturdays. Not a single one will be experiencing a cut-back or reduction in salary by 1/6 due to this announcement, will they? So this enormous savings will be to leave people like Rod home one more day per week while still getting full compensation.

Now, that's government intelligence!:no:(:)eek:)):no:

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Yeah Doc...

Let's think this out. Every single employee in the entire USPS system was already hired and salaried to work Saturdays. Not a single one will be experiencing a cut-back or reduction in salary by 1/6 due to this announcement, will they? So this enormous savings will be to leave people like Rod home one more day per week while still getting full compensation.

Yeah Doc. From what I've seen, (I know 3 relief carriers in Cal), the relief carrier jobs will disappear. That's not to say those people will be laid off, but the relief positions will faze out with the exception of the "vacation relief carriers"... They may offer early retirement to some of the older carriers and faze the relief guys into those positions... Also, I think the relief guys are non union during their probationary period, and "part time" to avoid the benefits that go with full time.... Again, I'm just going by what those that I know have said, and have no idea what all the nuts and bolts of this service reduction will really be about....
Ray
PS Gee, no more Jeg's catalogs delivered on Saturday, how will I cope with that????

·
1,512 Posts
The managers at the post office are the worst. The letter carriers are a product of the managements ineptness. Most carriers would do a much better job if the local management was organized and actually understood their mission. The higher you go in the PO management structure, the worse it gets. Again you have government workers who think they are doing a good job who would otherwise be fired in the private sector. I would fire my local postmaster and the District manager in a heartbeat and replace them with a couple of good carriers we have. We would see an instant improvement in motivation and common sense in our zip code.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I'm my neighborhood I have a retired USPS worker and he claims in his last office at least 1/4 of the workforce is out or trying to get disability payments.... Walking with a backpack apparently is dangerous business!!!!

·
Registered
6,120 Posts

Really. So 432.111 A is wrong. :no: Also check out 432.31 :D

432 General Definitions and Provisions

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
Really. So 432.111 A is wrong. :no: Also check out 432.31 :D
Good to see you trying to keep up with the class Bobby. Can you please show us all the workforce reduction that will be taking place within the USPS as a result of this reduction in service announcement. While you are at, make sure to compute the cost of any and all reductions in monetary figures? We'd all be interested.:happy::happy:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts