Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I'm baaaaack...
4,238 Posts
Great shot - you know she was set up, as is almost anyone who is in Congress right now....

·
Temporarily Pacified!
5,449 Posts
Ultra, no comment in support of this solder standing up to this big liberal congresswoman about common sense?

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
Saw that the other day on the news but didn't pay too much attention to it. This thread is the first time I was able to listen to the whole thing. Very nice, well spoken and THAT is what we need more of.. Guess I should get off of my ass too..

Don

·
"The" masheenist
5,381 Posts
How about the version for us losers with no sound?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Did you notice the gentleman spoke in a clear, lucid manner? He had no notes, no teleprompter, no speechwriter. Even so, his knowledge of the Constitution, his argument about Federal powers, and his impressive display of speaking ability was a great show.

Remember what John Kerry said?

Speaking to students at Pasadena City College, Democrat Kerry said Monday, "You know education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework, and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well, and if you don’t you get stuck in Iraq.”
This soldier, who was "stuck in Iraq", has more on the ball than the current President of the United States.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Brian, I found a quote of his comments.

Here is a transcript:

"We both have something in common. We both took an oath to defend the Constitution. The difference is her oath took her to Washington; my oath took me overseas with a rifle.

I'd like to mention that in the Constitution I took an oath to, I know that all the powers of the legislative branch of government are confined at Article I, Section 8 and they have less than 20 enumerated powers, and nowhere in there is health care mentioned, which is really health control. It's not mentioned anywhere in there so she has no business there, except to be against it.

And another thing - and I've mentioned this to politicians before when they take the Constitution and turn it into a huge elastic document that they try to wrap around everything - if you read our founding fathers, even they said that the General Welfare Clause - which is what she'll probably going to use to explain this - even the founding fathers, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, Franklin and so on - every one of them said the General Welfare Clause is only to be used within the confines of the enumerated powers of Article I, Section 8.

So, Claire McCaskill, I'm not so much looking for an explanation as I'm looking for an apology - because this should not even be introduced."

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.