Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
You who rock I salute you
3,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reuters is reporting the Iranians forced down a manned US warplane.
Now the oil price per bbl is jumping.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
any more info on what happened?

·
Registered
463 Posts
I took a huge dump this morning. I think that is causing a bit of the spike as well.

Oil spikes on anything and everything.

·
You who rock I salute you
3,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
any more info on what happened?
CCN reports it's not a warplane, but perhaps a relief plane of some sort.
Pentagon says it's wasn't one of ours.

·
I'm famous !
7,043 Posts
Reuters is reporting the Iranians forced down a manned US warplane.
Now the oil price per bbl is jumping.
I never knew the iranians had an airforce ( really ) Let alone they where skilled enough to down a us plane ? anyone got a pic of what they fly ?

·
Registered
785 Posts
I never knew the iranians had an airforce ( really ) Let alone they where skilled enough to down a us plane ? anyone got a pic of what they fly ?
LOL! good one.
that would be like the ferangi trying to fly the enterprise....

highjacking relief planes.. kind of gives you an idea how they think.

·
I got nothing
2,037 Posts
Prior to the Islamic Revolution we sold the Shah a bunch of F-14's. I believe they may be the last country flying them, if they still are as they can't get replacement parts...

·
I'm famous !
7,043 Posts

·
I'm famous !
7,043 Posts

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
They can't buy parts for the planes we sold them. I believe we sold them F-4? Not sure about the F 14s. Been a long time. :)coffee

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
I stand corrected

Immediately after the end of the Iran–Iraq War, the IRIAF was partially re-built by limited purchases of MiG-29 fighters and Su-24 bombers from the Soviet Union, as well as F-7M and FT-7 fighters from China. While a welcome reinforcement, these types never replaced the older, U.S.-built F-4 Phantoms or F-14 Tomcats (now the only air arm in the world to continue using the fighter), or even Northrop F-5 Tiger IIs. Instead, the IRIAF continued efforts to maintain these types in service, and began a number of projects with the intention to refurbish and upgrade them.
Just before the Gulf War in 1991, many Iraqi pilots and aircraft of the Iraqi air force, escaped to Iran to avoid destruction in the bombing campaign. The Iranians impounded these aircraft after the war and never returned them, putting them in the service of the Islamic Republic of Iran Air Force [1] - claiming them as reparations for the Iran–Iraq War.
These included several Mirage F1s, MiG-25 Foxbats, MiG-21 Fishbeds, MiG-27s, Su-24MK Fencer-Ds, MiG-29 Fulcrums, Su-20s, Su-22M Fitters, Su-25 Frogfoots, MiG-23s and a number of Il-76s, comprising the secretive, one-off AEW-AWACS prototype Il-76 "ADNAN 1"
A Russian attempt to sell a large number of MiG-27s, MiG-31s, and Tupolev Tu-22Ms to Iran, launched in 1993, was spoiled by a lack of interest and money on the part of Iran. Since 2000, on multiple occasions, MiG-31s and Su-27s are rumoured to have been seen in Iran's airspace, though no official declaration confirming this has been made by the IRIAF.[citation needed]
In the early 1990s, Iran is rumoured to have signed a military contract with the USSR to purchase an unknown number of Su-27s; the delivery of the planes wasn't completed for more than a decade due to US pressure. Recently, Iran is rumoured to have received an unknown variant of the Su-27. Unconfirmed reports reveal their deployment at air bases in Tabriz.

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Appears to be a business jet....Falcon....French....

Report: Iran forces down Western plane

1 hour ago
TEHRAN,Iran (AP) — Iranian news reports claimed Tuesday that Iran forced a Western aircraft that accidentally entered its airspace to land, then allowed the plane to continue after questioning its passengers.
The semiofficial Fars news agency said the plane was American, but the state-owned Al-Alam television quoted an unidentified senior Iranian official as saying it belonged to a European aid agency. Neither report said when the incident took place.
In Washington, U.S. Air Force Lt. Col. Patrick Ryder, a Defense Department spokesman, said he had no information that any such incident had occurred and was checking the report.
Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Hasan Qashqavi said he has no information about the case. Other Iranian officials could not immediately be reached for comment.
Fars reported that the plane was carrying five military officials and three civilians from Turkey to Afghanistan when it "unintentionally" entered Iranian airspace.
Iranian fighters guided the plane to an Iranian airport, the passengers were questioned and a day later were released and allowed to continue to their destination, Fars reported. It said the plane was a Falcon, apparently referring to a passenger aircraft manufactured by the French firm Dassault and primarily used by business executives.
Al-Alam, Iran's official Arabic-language television station, quoted a military official saying the plane belonged either to a British or Hungarian relief agency. He said the plane "lost its way" and violated Iranian air space. He said the passengers included American military personnel but he did not elaborate.
The official said the passengers were questioned and that the plane was allowed to continue to Afghanistan, Al-Alam reported.

·
I'm famous !
7,043 Posts
;)ok enough about being serious - any picks of a iranian sub - lol I am thinking a camel with a fish bowl ?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts