Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm with Verizon and currently use the Sierra 595 PC card, which rocks. But I got a new mini computer and the only option is to switch to a USB card.

Anybody using one, and of so, how quick is it?

Thanks

·
Registered
465 Posts
I am sitting at the hospital using a VZW USB card right now. Works great and I generally see download speeds of 800kbps - 1.2 megs. An added bonus of going with a USB card is that it has lower drain on the laptops battery than the traditional PCMCIA cards. Just ran a speed test right now at www.speakeasy.net and got the following results...

Last Result:
Download Speed: 949 kbps (118.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 580 kbps (72.5 KB/sec transfer rate)

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am sitting at the hospital using a VZW USB card right now. Works great and I generally see download speeds of 800kbps - 1.2 megs. An added bonus of going with a USB card is that it has lower drain on the laptops battery than the traditional PCMCIA cards. Just ran a speed test right now at www.speakeasy.net and got the following results...

Last Result:
Download Speed: 949 kbps (118.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 580 kbps (72.5 KB/sec transfer rate)
Which card?

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
I have the new white one from Verizon and really like it. I can even download songs on it without too much of a problem.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'm with Verizon and currently use the Sierra 595 PC card, which rocks. But I got a new mini computer and the only option is to switch to a USB card.

Anybody using one, and of so, how quick is it?

Thanks
I have plenty of the Verizon USB AirCards in stock
USB 760, UM175 and U727

Feel free to call my office at 805-480-4888 Ask for John or Korina
I have some customer returns that I cannot sell as new................could make you a killer deal on these!
Also have lots of brand new ones

Thanks

John

R

·
0 Posts
I have plenty of the Verizon USB AirCards in stock
USB 760, UM175 and U727

Feel free to call my office at 805-480-4888 Ask for John or Korina
I have some customer returns that I cannot sell as new................could make you a killer deal on these!
Also have lots of brand new ones

Thanks

John
which one is the best??

·
I got nothing
2,037 Posts
As an FYI, I was at the Verizon store in Glendora yesterday and as I have a corporate account for my cell phone they are giving away USB air cards for only the taxes. they guy said they are normally $150...

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As an FYI, I was at the Verizon store in Glendora yesterday and as I have a corporate account for my cell phone they are giving away USB air cards for only the taxes. they guy said they are normally $150...
Really? I have a business account with 5 more months on a 2yr contract...they want $120 w/a rebate for a total of $70. Bastards.

I'll call John when I get some more time.

thx for the heads up.

I heard the USB and PC cards are the same as far as performance.

·
two strokes is enough
2,042 Posts
Verizon card use it everyday no problems with it at all. i turn it on in the morning and it stays on till i get home from work. in fact im on it now and its pretty damn fast.

i have a laptop mount in my truck so i can tie into our company server and it kicks arse

·
HOT SAUCE HERE
749 Posts
I have the Verizon UM175 card and it was FREE from Best Buy with a two year agreement. I love it. My gf and I share it on our computers, including work computers, no issues. I have rarely had an issue with download or working speed. I highly recommend them.

Roln 20s

·
Registered
373 Posts
If your running Windows Vista try the USB760/AC595U it has built in memory and it's own battery to help optimize down load speeds.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
I've got a verizon USB modem for sale. Used it about 4 hours total. Changed Jobs and no longer have a need for it. PM me if interested.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts