Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tim Floyd resigns for cheating. The only way the Trojans can beat the Bruins.... wait still can't beat the Bruins.....

·
6,873 Posts
LOL
so what else is new with the children of south central

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Damn, this is depressing. If this was football season the thread would be 8 pages deep already of folks saying why USC should be number one again. TrojanDan and El Chingon would be throwing daggers at me, Kilr would be tossing back cold ones laughing his ass off at home, and I would be popping Xanax like tic-tacs because my team cant land a good coach. ;)

·
6,873 Posts
Come on They are all, OK ALMOST all fly bye night fans looking for a bandwagon to jump on....
True fans are around thick or THIN

·
Registered
199 Posts

My family has been USC fans for awhile. ;) This ticket stub is when my dad went to the game against ND. 12/4/1948.
I am a legacy Bruin, BUT...that ticket is pretty cool! It is awesome that you still have it. And I have to admit...I met my husband at a USC v. Notre Dame game at the coliseum back in '94. I have my ticket stub too.:)

·
Registered
363 Posts

My family has been USC fans for awhile. ;) This ticket stub is when my dad went to the game against ND. 12/4/1948.

$5:00 DOLLARS FOR THAT TICKET!! CRAZY!! YOU CANT EVEN GET A BEER FOR $5:00 AT THE GAME NOW DAYS :|err

·
6,873 Posts
I am a legacy Bruin, BUT...that ticket is pretty cool! It is awesome that you still have it. And I have to admit...I met my husband at a USC v. Notre Dame game at the coliseum back in '94. I have my ticket stub too.:)

God Bless you , a smart woman you are

·
Wastin' away again...
71 Posts
Is the football program next?

Most assume that Floyd resigned because the basketball program was about to get hammered by the NCAA.

I am guessing that this will earn the football program even greater scrutiny and less lenience from the NCAA (in the event of any violations). In the wake of all the Reggie Bush accusations, is SC's athletic program headed for a 'death penalty' for both basketball and football?

-OPH

P.S. In the spirit of full disclosure, I am a UCLA alum, but really have no ill will toward 'SC. Just curious if anyone thinks the football program could be headed toward a similar fate? Could be a sad moment for a storied athletic program.

·
I got nothing
2,037 Posts
Most assume that Floyd resigned because the basketball program was about to get hammered by the NCAA.

I am guessing that this will earn the football program even greater scrutiny and less lenience from the NCAA (in the event of any violations). In the wake of all the Reggie Bush accusations, is SC's athletic program headed for a 'death penalty' for both basketball and football?

-OPH

P.S. In the spirit of full disclosure, I am a UCLA alum, but really have no ill will toward 'SC. Just curious if anyone thinks the football program could be headed toward a similar fate? Could be a sad moment for a storied athletic program.
The NCAA will never hand down the 'death penalty' again. They saw what it did to SMU, that program has still not recovered 20 years after the sanctions were lifted.

However, it is being speculated that Floyd was a sacrificial lamb as both investigations, football and basketball, were combined which brings up the dreaded lack of institutional control problem. If proven, a lack of institutional control, $c would be hammered, rightfully so...Will it be proven? Who knows. But the NCAA moves at glacial speed when it comes to investigations, especially of high profile, traditional power programs...

Bobby, that ticket is AWESOME! even if it is for $c

1 - 16 of 16 Posts