Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,635 Posts
if you're askin loan rates, my local bank is offering 4.5% on anything newer than 2004 for 36months, i thought that was a great deal.

·
Wasted Wages
220 Posts
Why? Hope you are not thinking about buy used from a dealer. Nothing in it for you but higher prices. AutoTrader, Recycler, etc. Private party will be cheaper and you can still buy an extended warranty if you want.
You never know what you will get from a private party. At least at my dealership we do a 150 point inspection, replace the brakes and tires if they are less then 50% and offer an 30 day 3,000 mile warranty. If you do buy from a private party, then take it to a mechanic and have it checked out, that is your right by law. Good luck.

·
Hub Cap Annie & Wheel
1,866 Posts
You never know what you will get from a private party. At least at my dealership we do a 150 point inspection, replace the brakes and tires if they are less then 50% and offer an 30 day 3,000 mile warranty. If you do buy from a private party, then take it to a mechanic and have it checked out, that is your right by law. Good luck.
Not trying to argue with you, but what if I am selling a car in as is condition with no warranties and I don't want to let the potential buyer take it to a mechanic? I have sold many cars and refused this request due to the fact they wanted to take it to mechanics that I hadn't heard of, I assumed they would find something wrong and try and haggle me. It's my car, if they want to buy it it's on my terms, if they don't move along. Am I wrong?

·
Registered
903 Posts
Not trying to argue with you, but what if I am selling a car in as is condition with no warranties and I don't want to let the potential buyer take it to a mechanic? I have sold many cars and refused this request due to the fact they wanted to take it to mechanics that I hadn't heard of, I assumed they would find something wrong and try and haggle me. It's my car, if they want to buy it it's on my terms, if they don't move along. Am I wrong?
Nope! Not wrong at all. That is your choice. You will narrow down your potential buyers though. Maybe you could bring the car to their mechanic with them. The mechanic may find something you are not aware of or can give it "all systems go" report and the car gets sold. Just depends of how eager you are to sell.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Excellent advise. I just feel that most dealers will add quite of bit of extra $ for this service as well as ask a higher selling price to begin with. And not all dealers are going to do what yours does. Like you said, private party and take it to reputable mechanic for inspection.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.