Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
We're going to run this concept in Top Alcolol if you will just balance our rotating assembly for us. Please?????:D:D

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
Bostick Racing Engines
1,063 Posts
I think that qualifys as an "odd as phuck"-fire engine.

Not only would balancing be something short of magic... but the firing order and angles must be unique at best.

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
I think that qualifys as an "odd as phuck"-fire engine.

I'm with you there. Lots of wasted energy to transfer the power pulse to the crankshaft.

S CP :D

·
deckboat owner
480 Posts
Why??

I gotta ask why??
Seems like the friction and parasitic loss would be far greater than a conventional set up.
Dimensionally the package seems like it would be far taller and wider than conventional motors.
The pivot point of the "rockers" (or teeter tooters) seems like it would require FAR greater strength and structure than the mains of the crank.

·
It's what we do
723 Posts
I gotta ask why??
Seems like the friction and parasitic loss would be far greater than a conventional set up.
Dimensionally the package seems like it would be far taller and wider than conventional motors.
The pivot point of the "rockers" (or teeter tooters) seems like it would require FAR greater strength and structure than the mains of the crank.
They would have to be supported on both ends, along with getting them EXACTLY perpendicular with the cylinders. It seems to be an engineering nightmare.

·
Administrator
16,877 Posts
I don't care for it.

My fav is the dynacam engine. now called avec

Or the star rotor engine

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Well if we are doing strange, might as well add a set of these

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Concept looks somewhat familar to a Sulzar opposed piston rocking beam engine.

·
520 Posts
Can someone tell me how to speed that up to about 8000. I can hear it now. Son what happened on that run. Oh we spit out a teeter tooter at 9500 going it second gear:)sphss

Balance it? where do you start. Do the pistons on the teeter tooters count. If so, how much.

Whizbang, your making my head hurt now.:|err
Bob, you crack me up. Thanks for the laugh. A teeter tooter!

·
Platinum Member
2,014 Posts
Obama motor

Kids play on teeter totters. I couldn't think of a better name to discribe those things.
Is that the new motor from( the dream team) engine development department at Government Motors.

It gets 70 mpg.

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
Can someone tell me how to speed that up to about 8000. I can hear it now. Son what happened on that run. Oh we spit out a teeter tooter at 9500 going it second gear:)sphss

Balance it? where do you start. Do the pistons on the teeter tooters count. If so, how much.

Whizbang, your making my head hurt now.:|err
Now thats funny, thanks for the laugh.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts