Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone please identify what model boat this is?

Picked it up yesterday for chump change and I don't have the first clue about it :confused:

·
Registered
20,029 Posts
ive never had that hull in my collection.........

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Looks like a Chrysler 426 Hemi?:)
What part looks like a Hemi? soon as i seen the back of the tunnel ram i knew it was a B/RB, their ain't no mistaking the Hemi valve covers and intake.

·
Dazed and Transfused
2,308 Posts
What part looks like a Hemi? soon as i seen the back of the tunnel ram i knew it was a B/RB, their ain't no mistaking the Hemi valve covers and intake.
I'm pretty sure he was being a smartass :D

In the top pic you can see "Chrysler 426 Hemi" painted on the transom :)hand

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Finally took a look at the title and it says it's a "Passant".

Did a search and all I could find was a deleted listing for a 72 Passat Boat with a 473 olds motor :confused:

Anyone ever hear of these boats?

Rick

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
No, but I've hung around with several pissants.................does that count?

:)hand

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Passant 18 v-drive

That boat was built in Brooklyn Michigan by a little 1 man show boat builder. As far as I know the 18 v-drive was the only model he made. I had a 1972 18 foot with a bbc. It should have a pretty decent rocker on the bottom and a very slight little v in the bottom. Kind of like a Conolly or a Campbell, but less deadrise. It is not a true flatbottom. Mine ran 93 mph with a tunnel ram 468 and 22 gears, came out of the hole like a rocket, rode pretty decent and handled great, It set really well and I could high end it for 2 miles at a time. I was doing a radar run about 15 years ago and came off a roller (wake) and the wind caught it and almost blew it over, it came down sideways, blew a hole in the side of the boat and the water ripped the whole top off of it. Was a total loss. It looked identical to yours. It rode and drove a lot better than my 19 Sanger Flat, but the Sanger was about 10 mph faster with the same power. The prop I had on the Passant was a menkins 11 1/2 14 that created rear lift. I tried the same prop on my Sanger and it drove the nose in. I also tried a 11 15 Stellings and the boat porpuised quite a bit and would not set. The menkins I had was the correct rake for the bottom of the Passant. I really liked the boat, if I hadn't wrecked it I probably would still have it......Great lake/ ski / family 4 seater hot rod !!!1 I also had the same trailer with the same fiberglass fender set up !!!!! There were probably only about 10 built, that is the first one besides mine I have ever seen !!!!!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That boat was built in Brooklyn Michigan by a little 1 man show boat builder. As far as I know the 18 v-drive was the only model he made. I had a 1972 18 foot with a bbc. It should have a pretty decent rocker on the bottom and a very slight little v in the bottom. Kind of like a Conolly or a Campbell, but less deadrise. It is not a true flatbottom. Mine ran 93 mph with a tunnel ram 468 and 22 gears, came out of the hole like a rocket, rode pretty decent and handled great, It set really well and I could high end it for 2 miles at a time. I was doing a radar run about 15 years ago and came off a roller (wake) and the wind caught it and almost blew it over, it came down sideways, blew a hole in the side of the boat and the water ripped the whole top off of it. Was a total loss. It looked identical to yours. It rode and drove a lot better than my 19 Sanger Flat, but the Sanger was about 10 mph faster with the same power. The prop I had on the Passant was a menkins 11 1/2 14 that created rear lift. I tried the same prop on my Sanger and it drove the nose in. I also tried a 11 15 Stellings and the boat porpuised quite a bit and would not set. The menkins I had was the correct rake for the bottom of the Passant. I really liked the boat, if I hadn't wrecked it I probably would still have it......Great lake/ ski / family 4 seater hot rod !!!1 I also had the same trailer with the same fiberglass fender set up !!!!! There were probably only about 10 built, that is the first one besides mine I have ever seen !!!!!!

Thanx for all the great info :)

Only 10 made, eh?

I guess that makes this a collectors item (cha-ching!!) :D

1 - 20 of 98 Posts