Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: could someone please tell me what kind of oil do u run in a vdrive i am a first time flat owner and my vdrive makes a kool winne suund is this lack of oil oit runs great thanxx

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
:confused: could someone please tell me what kind of oil do u run in a vdrive i am a first time flat owner and my vdrive makes a kool winne suund is this lack of oil oit runs great thanxx
the lucas gear oil works great but is too thick for me, i like torquo 2&4 stroke trans oil. might not be right?

·
New here
4,219 Posts
the lucas gear oil works great but is too thick for me, i like torquo 2&4 stroke trans oil. might not be right?
I use the TORCO RTF, which is 30wt gear lube that is GL6 rated (highest lube rating). It would be perfect for a Vdrive box and you CAN'T hurt it. It's much lighter than conventional gear lube (more throughput power) and makes my drive run cool to the touch after a WOT run. GREAT stuff.

·
Boat Test GURU
516 Posts
speedyt

I will tell you what I use and why. For a number of years I have used Lubrication Engineers (LE) Gear Oil # 607.
It does three things extremely well. 1. It does not run away from heat. Keep the V Drive Very Cool while running. 2. It does not emulsify with water. In other words it will separate water from the oil if water comes in contact with the oil. 3. It keeps the bearings coated even after sitting for months without usage.
I have been testing Lucas gear oil with good results but I have not done any testing on how long the parts will stay coated when not in use.
I hope this answers your question.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts