Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Want to get people's opinions on the optimum bore-stroke combos for jet and v-drives. I was under the impression that jets like more torque, so longer stroke ( maybe same stroke and bore) and v-drives bigger bore and less stroke for the higher rpms and a little less violent coming out of corners or initial drag start. Just trying to get a picture of what works best for each type of boat with a roots type blower. thanks

·
Distinguished Member
5,772 Posts
Might want to post this in the Dyno section. Might get more play over there and if history is any indicator, a great pissn contest as welll :)sphss
I don't know anything about jets, but in a drag race application for a flat, you can make most any bore x stroke work. I run a blown alcohol 565 that makes buttloads of tq. Big gear and smaller diameter prop and it's happy. Motor never sees over 7400 RPM and runs a tic under 140 MPH. Took a while to figure out what the boat wanted with that combo, but it was worth it. Lots of guys like shorter strokes and/or to rev the snot out of the motors. I hear of blown combo's running good with 18's/22's but well over 8k RPM..

·
No Sandbar To Far
3,276 Posts
This should be good for ten pages or more

1 - 3 of 3 Posts