Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a Friend of mine Gene (Geno, G-Man) Hendrix. This is a picture of him last year at CFW Driving the Hondo Shovel Nose. He bought his first Sanger new in 1961 & Started Racing. He ran Unblown Fuel Flat & Blown Gas Flat probably before they had those classes. In 1967 He bought a new Sanger Shovel Nose Drag Hydro from Jack. Named it Drifter II & Later The Memory Maker. Ran Blown Gas Hydro & Top Fuel Hydro till 1975. Then owned a Sprint car team. As you can see he has been around awhile & may need some Relief From Driving. His Dog "MAX" is always ready for the task!! (NOTE) I made the text a bit bigger for all us old RACERS out there!!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,312 Posts
He did the carpet in a house we owned in Dublin years ago. Good guy... If you see him tell him that Steve Whitney says hey... He probably won't remember me though...

Steve

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Steve, Geno does remember you. He said he also did Flooring in a shop at your house in Elk Grove. Small world.

·
Registered
5,312 Posts
Damn... Talk about a small world. I forgot about the shop in Sacramento. Sucks to get old. Would love to see Gene again but it is tough getting to Sac from Havasu, even to see the grand kids..lol

Steve

1 - 9 of 9 Posts