1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Under yo mommas bed
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
165 Posts
:)hand WOW, did you guys smoke your lunch?

I love'em all, but to say that outboard had anything on the v drive is seriously histerical. The v drive was a way faster boat, could it take a corner like that potato chip on sponsons? No, but really would you expect it too? Put those two in a drag race and the v drive would destroy it.

That comparison is like saying a line backer should be able to outrun a marathon runner because his muscles are bigger so he should be faster right?Reality

·
Banne'd
2,568 Posts
Um, I don't think outboards are torn down after every race. Unlike the car motor run'n brotheren. I knew this would start a fight.

·
Ya right !
471 Posts

I love'em all, but to say that outboard had anything on the v drive is seriously histerical. The v drive was a way faster boat, could it take a corner like that potato chip on sponsons? No, but really would you expect it too? Put those two in a drag race and the v drive would destroy it.

That comparison is like saying a line backer should be able to outrun a marathon runner because his muscles are bigger so he should be faster right?Reality
Just rocket science throwing 1ooo hp to a blue turd and thinking maybe it might go fast :)sphss I like the half the horse power on the Mr. Pringles boat and still putting around the turd :D:D.............( . )( . )...............That blue turd just needs to shop on ebay and leave the MayTag repair man alone .

Have a nice day now, ya hear !:)devil:D:)hand

·
Ya right !
471 Posts
Um, I don't think outboards are torn down after every race. Unlike the car motor run'n brotheren. I knew this would start a fight.
Thats male bonding in the parking lot looking at all the chrome...........( . )( . )...........:D:D

·
Shitter was full!!!
26 Posts

I have to agree, The V-drive might have twice the hp, but the OB tunnel is 1/3 the weight. The only reason the OB tunnel took him is because its a Tunnel Hull period. The 1000 hp V-drive would have smoked the OB if it were a drag race or if both were the same stile hull. Put unchained's boat in the mix (21' daytona V-Drive) and see what happens, he won't even slow down for the turns!

Just had to stir the pot :):)punch HaHa!

·
Shitter was full!!!
26 Posts
Thats male bonding in the parking lot looking at all the chrome...........( . )( . )...........:D:D
Hey Kim! Havent talked to you since the FC forums, Good to see you here, How are you?

·
Premium Member
2,145 Posts
I think that was the point of that race, the "Mildura 2009 riverside final unlimited unrestricted" - run what'cha brung. So that would have left it open to anything, right? And we saw what happened.

Look, they all have their place. I remember my dad telling me how Duff Daily ran his K boat as exhibition last year and overshot one corner and was only off the F1 qualifying times by like 1.5 seconds. The shorter courses favor the harder turning tunnel. They aren't as fast on the top as the 4xhp blower boats, but make up for it with weight and cornering. Tunnel boats were never designed with drag racing in mind...they are built to turn and accelerate.

Parker 300 is another run what'cha brung event...except the specifically prohibit F1/F2 style tunnels. Wonder why? ;)

·
Under yo mommas bed
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:)hand wow, did you guys smoke your lunch?

I love'em all, but to say that outboard had anything on the v drive is seriously histerical. The v drive was a way faster boat,with three times the hp. could it take a corner like that potato chip on sponsons? No, but really would you expect it too? it was a roundy round race so it thought it could. put those two in a drag race and the v drive would destroy it. well it wasn't a drag race was it?

that comparison is like saying a line backer should be able to outrun a marathon runner because his muscles are bigger so he should be faster right?if whe're talking a black dude he has an extra muscle in his leg.reality
i have to agree, the v-drive might have twice the hp, but the ob tunnel is 1/3 the weight. The only reason the ob tunnel took him is because its a tunnel hull period. then maybe they should have raced a v-drive tunnel !the 1000 hp v-drive would have smoked the ob if it were a drag race And steers would be Bulls IF they had BALLS! or if both were the same stile hull.you sound like a cheerleader. put unchained's boat in the mix (21' daytona v-drive) and see what happens,my daddy can beat up your daddy. he won't even slow down for the turns!wow, he should have been there.

just had to stir the pot :):)punch haha!
me too. Haha :D

·
Registered
165 Posts
Where are you getting that? Did you watch some Top Fuel racing and just assume that any engine with a blower needs a rebuild after running?

I'm not looking for an argument! 1st 'cause I really dont care and 2nd you guys are way to biased for the most part to look at another side. So ok out boards are waaaaaaaaaaay better, you win that outboard stomped a hole in that v drive, it was way faster. Say wasn't there some other boats in that race? I thought I saw another outboard in there, how did that one do?

·
Sushi Inspector
2,387 Posts
Good race..good vid!!!
Thanks!

·
Under yo mommas bed
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I thought I saw another outboard in there, how did that one do?
It lost along with the rest of the v-drives. :)hand BTW, I like v-drives too. I've had 7 and I'm picking another one up next week.:)devil

·
Registered
1,876 Posts

It was a circle race and the big block lost, is there some part of that you missed?

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
It lost along with the rest of the v-drives. :)hand BTW, I like v-drives too. I've had 7 and I'm picking another one up next week.:)devil
Backpeddler! ob's are a green way of boating, some (Most all ob owners!!!) people like them and will die defending them, and some get laid alot more cuz they dont drive ob's!:D

1 - 20 of 139 Posts