Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some pics of guys running vac pumps. I want to run a small tank directly plumb to the valvecover and then to the star pump and then to a larger tank. Probally overkill but just curious if anyone is running this same set-up. Kinda want to keep everything mounted to the motor for easy swap.

Thanks

B Broyles

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ideas???? and yes it is overkill.... i agree

:) probally right .... not busy enough at work i guess.. here are some pics if anyone has a good idea....small tank plumb to the valvecover and then to the pump then to the large tank.... do i have to use the large tank?
????

DSC00437.jpg DSC00439.jpg

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
That tank is huge. You plan on pumping the thing dry? Im not a big fan of putting the tank in front of the header, but that looks ok if thats where you want it. I mounted mine on the rear of the engine to the head,but im still not certian if i like it there either. No pics right now as I have everything out of the boat for Powder coating.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks

Don't want to have to empty it as often with just the small tank but i agree about the header being close. I am thinking stringer mount low and out of the way

·
Registered
14 Posts
Bubba
I mounted mine to the pump support
bracket, it's low but you can get to
it to empty it.
Call me if I can help. The first KDBA
race is June the 7th & 8th, hope to
see you, your Dad and Gordon there,
maybe we can hook up and travel
together.

Paul

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Vac Tank

Thanks Paul,,,, I think My dad and I are planning on making the trip but i am not sure about gordon. We are working on my new ride now so if all goes well we will contact you a couple of weeks before the first KDBA race.
BB

1 - 7 of 7 Posts