Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, unfortunately I need to offload my project boat I got from my grandpa (lost grandpa last year who was to guide me through an engine build, and my covered storage and shop when my uncle died. Two weeks ago the buddy who let me leave it in his field wanted it gone so now it’s in the driveway)

Anyways, not sure if I’ll craigslist it or some other place but first I need a guess on value. Hopefully the pics are enough, I don’t know the specs as I was too stupid to write them down when grandpa told me. ‘83 that he bought new as a hull and did all the build himself. Was a blown bbc, I have the 871 and dual carbs in my shed I was thinking I’d keep in case I do a hot rod down the road. Does including them even add to the value? Hell, does any of the engine stuff, he said the engine had already been bored 60 over and we’d need to replace th block. Do I keep the intake ,heads, pan etc junk the block and sell what’s left?
Hopefully the pics work it won’t let me click any of these icons for inserts.
Thanks
Red

·
Just Me
4,095 Posts
The boat needs a lot of work and TLC. Where is it located? The fact that it sat in a field doesn't help, especially with all that exposed wood. Price is very subjective and it would be a good project for someone, if they think the price is right and they have a clue as to how to do some or all of the repairs themselves .

·
Registered
236 Posts
As far as the Blower, manifold and related blower parts, that will only add to the confusion of a sale. I personally would pack up the blower assembly and put it away. You can sell it separately for possibly more than you get for the hull, and or trailer. snoc653 is totally correct !!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’m in fresno. Yeah the interior wood is shot, literally it was starting to disintegrate. I kept what was there and just put it in my side yard for now in case whomever buys it wants to try making patterns from it.

If I keep the blower should I go ahead and keep the 6272990 heads? ;)

You guys think list it for 2k or more like 500.

·
Registered
236 Posts
WOOO WOOO, slow down,
First if the tandem trailer goes with they start used at $ 1200 Roller (tires hold air) a definite plus.
Second, Casale v-drive at $400 with the braces it will sell in a day. $800 to $1000 good price, They go for $3200 new with no braces.
Third, if all the wood, stringers and all must be replaced your talking a hard core ground up rebuild the hull "stripped" should be $ 800 +
Cavitation plates and hardware, $600+
Last the engine, I see everything from a $500 oil pan, timing cover, heads starter, oil cooler, 2 speed power glide transmission. ECT.
Take the engine out, leave everything else and list it for $2000 to $2500. Fresno is where the boat was made!
Last but not least, 2 Sanger emblems PRICELESS!!!!

PS, if you want to sell it for $500 I will be up in 2 hours it's 12:55 PM now
Skidder

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for setting me straight! Good thing I asked. I’ll get the engine out then list it. I’ve got a buddy with a cherry picker and I’m sure I can find a cheap engine stand.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Thanks for setting me straight! Good thing I asked. I’ll get the engine out then list it. I’ve got a buddy with a cherry picker and I’m sure I can find a cheap engine stand.
I'm in Clovis and i have a Sanger mini, give me a call and i'll come by look at it and give you my opinion on how to sale it. Rick 559-307-8008 and i have an engine stand i'll give you .

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That’s very kind of you! I’ll Take you up on it. I’ll give you a call a little later thanks very much

1 - 8 of 8 Posts