Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know this boat and who rigged it? Looks nice but I thought they had 2 decks, one for an o/d and one for v-drive?

Anybody near there?

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
You can order a Vector without the raised transom. They put an insert in the mold to get rid of the hump that is there for outdrive height. I've seen V-drives both ways.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Vectors

On your v-drives do they recess the plates under the boat? This one has the piano hinges off the transom and it also has an o/b rudder. Not sure how they steer with this setup.

·
Banned
4,599 Posts
On your v-drives do they recess the plates under the boat? This one has the piano hinges off the transom and it also has an o/b rudder. Not sure how they steer with this setup.
The hinges on the plates are unusual, but I would imagine you get much more travel out of them. As far as the external rudder, it's not that unusual. Schiada does them on a somewhat regular basis. :)

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rudder

I think I recall a thread on here about high speeds and an o/b rudder working better, not sure about slower cruising speeds. I sure like the way it looks. As far as the hinged plates, I think it looks better when mounted in a recess on the bottom of the boat and seem slike it would be stronger. This one is through bolted every few inches so looks plenty strong.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts