Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The banner on the bottom of the page made me look, but this has to be the ugliest boat I have ever seen, but thats just my opinion, does anyone have one of these?
Does anyone think they look good?
What do they cost?

A 28 foot boat that only seats 4?

But, Hot Boats wrote a good bump for them on the web site!!

·
Registered
108 Posts
If I recall correctly, HB did a write up on the Vector 28' in one of their last issues. The boat was fast and expensive, they had one the was powered by a 900Hp Teague motor and cost like 230K or something insane like that. I've got the issue at home I look when I get home.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From the home page..

“They blew us away with quality and craftsmanship. Now we can see why so many people race these boats!”

Hot Boat

·
The Pool Bitch
4,236 Posts
I don't know the quality of the Vector Boats, but keep in mind the Hotboat reviews were some of the most advertiser biased reviews I have ever seen.

Pure garbage.

·
Banned
1,019 Posts
APBA and SBI put the 24' batboats in their own class because they were blowing the cleats off the A class boats, most of which were 28-30' and had bigger motors. As to the 28, there aren't many 35-38' boats that will stay with it in rough water.

Black is not my favorite color for a car, much less a boat. I liked this one much better;

http://www.vectorpowerboats.com/Vector/Downloads_files/31609_eprint.pdf

·
Premium Member
1,393 Posts
The banner on the bottom of the page made me look, but this has to be the ugliest boat I have ever seen, but thats just my opinion, does anyone have one of these?
Does anyone think they look good?
What do they cost?

A 28 foot boat that only seats 4?

But, Hot Boats wrote a good bump for them on the web site!!
I think they look pretty cool. The layout just doesn't seem very functional for my needs. I've read a few reviews on the Vectors, they're all favorable and get high marks for build qualities. As far as a 28'r seating only four, lots of boats on here fit that category, 4-5 seats..

·
Dazed and Transfused
2,308 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Im sorry but i really dont like the look of that boat...
It looks small for a 28' boat and i dont care to much for the wings...
I saw the black one in person and the deck was all rippled from the bolsa, looked almost like a checkerboard...
And other than the width of the boat, it looked alot smaller sitting next to the Lavey 28' EVO.
It was slower to...

I wonder what would happen if the wings dipped down into the water during turining....?

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
It looks small for a 28' boat and i dont care to much for the wings...
I saw the black one in person and the deck was all rippled from the bolsa, looked almost like a checkerboard...
And other than the width of the boat, it looked alot smaller sitting next to the Lavey 28' EVO.
It was slower to...

I wonder what would happen if the wings dipped down into the water during turining....?
The bat boat was slower then the 28 Evo with = power?

I always was under the impression while ugly, they pretty much destroyed everything as far as offshore performance is concerned.

RD

·
Registered
527 Posts
The bat boat was slower then the 28 Evo with = power?

I always was under the impression while ugly, they pretty much destroyed everything as far as offshore performance is concerned.

RD
Yes, in the 2007 Powerboat performance trials.
Both boats powered with Illmor 710
The bat boat had Teauge platinum drive spinning a merc lab finnished bravo1 30" pitch and ran 98.4mph
The EVO had an Imco sc drive spinning a herring 6 blade 29" pitch and ran 102.4

·
Islander Transient
1,881 Posts
If I were the Red Bull marketing person I would throw a big check their way to sponsor one of the boats, just to say: "Red Bull gives you WINGS"
I'm just sayin...:D

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
Yea they look kind of funky, buy what do you want? Form over function or function over form? The idea behind the design is brilliant. They kick ass on the race course from what I have seen. Depends on what you want. A cool looking boat that rides like crap or a funky looking boat that has a kick ass ride. I think they are cool in a funky kind of way. :D

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Actually, I'll take a great looking boat that performs well also.. There are no shortages of them out there. I really do not need wings off a 59 El Camino on my boat. It's easy to get form and function in the boating world.

Darrell.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts

junior , I agree about the looks of that boat , not my favorite either:)hand

BUT , you have to give credit were credit is due.Those europian designers usually have naval architect diplomas , unlike some builders out west;)
Those wings actually aid the batboat's stability especially in the turns.
Read some about the man who designed this ugly beast:)bulb:D

http://www.ameinfo.com/159544.html

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
Actually, I'll take a great looking boat that performs well also.. There are no shortages of them out there. I really do not need wings off a 59 El Camino on my boat. It's easy to get form and function in the boating world.

Darrell.
Have you ever seen one run? In the really rough stuff off shore? The slender rounded bow keeps the bow from kiting, and the wings keep the stern from dropping out on a launch from a wave. I have seen them run in the rough stuff, and they look impressive.

·
Registered
527 Posts
BUT , you have to give credit were credit is due.Those europian designers usually have naval architect diplomas , unlike some builders out west;)
Those wings actually aid the batboat's stability especially in the turns.
Read some about the man who designed this ugly beast:)bulb:D

http://www.ameinfo.com/159544.html
Ok your right, they do deserve credit as does everybody.
And seeing that its designed by europians I'm sure there is alot of knowlege that was put into the design.
But personaly, I just dont like the look...
It doesn't mean it is a bad boat. Everybody has an opinion and that is mine.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts