Performance Boats Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
these sit on the top of a big carb...........there held down by the center air cleaner bolt the 4 of them together sit right down inside the edge i was told dominator carbs.....makes it look like you have injection..this was the story there really nice from the 60,s again im told..there in xlnt condition,,,,thought maybe old schoo; bob, rick king or andy herbert would know.........

·
Registered
19,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there not cheaply made not knock offs there kinda heavy made and will polish right up no dents or scratchs

·
Registered
19,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
somebody school me on these...im 55 and ive never seen them.......real nistalgic like 50 ,s hot rod

·
Registered
19,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry yes they are..............i dont know if there wourth 5 dollars or 50 dollars

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
​yep look like they are for Dominators, i know they have a tube set up for them...what dia. are the tubes?

·
BUILDER-PAINTER
390 Posts
parts

Sorry yes they are..............i dont know if there wourth 5 dollars or 50 dollars
I know back in the 70s they had a dom with tall horns on the hemi also 429 ford in nascar I think it was to suppost to make more torque.I think list was #4673 They might be for torque or for looks.

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
I have seen them and they are air horns for the early dominators used to reduce fuel being sucked back up and out of the throttle body. Mostly I saw them in pro stock builds. Bill Jenkins used to run them on grumpy's toy.

·
Registered
19,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have seen them and they are air horns for the early dominators used to reduce fuel being sucked back up and out of the throttle body. Mostly I saw them in pro stock builds. Bill Jenkins used to run them on grumpy's toy.
i gotta call this morn that said the same..any body need them

·
Urban Cougar Trapper
976 Posts
Use one set to hold some different dips and the other for veggie spears at the next party :wink2:

·
Cocoloco
521 Posts
Long time no see...

I had a set of these on my first runnerbottom... They won't fit the newer dominators, only the old style...
Not only did they run these to stop fuel being sucked up from the throttle body but they straightened the air headed into the venturis. As I remember the two results were a function of the same design purpose. They do look really cool on lots of applications. I saw a 33 Vic- 3 window with a really cool machined piece between the carb and the stacks that made them about 6-8" tall, I know it was to make up for the stacks not fitting the carbs but it was cool looking as it gets.

·
Registered
19,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
pm ed u price

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.