Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Verzion is pretty limited on their phones.

Any feedback on these?
LG Dare
LG Voyager
Motorola Krave
Unfortunately I had to switch from AT&T to Verizon a couple of weeks ago, as AT&T's coverage at my new house is non existant. I had to go from using the Apple iPhone to the LG Voyager. I thought it was a piece of crap, so I took it back and exchanged it for the LG Dare, also a huge piece of crap. I don't know, maybe they are ok, but after using an iPhone for the last year I can honestly say that other phone companies have got their work cut out for them!

The Dare is their all touch screen model, however it doesn't work very well. The touch keys are very small and you typically end up always hitting the wrong key because of this. It's really a joke when you're on the phone with some automated system that requires you to press keys for more opption prompts. You'll be listening to the message and are asked to hit the key, but the key won't light up on the touch screen, so you can't hit it.

Good luck

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
have the voyager...

i like it but if i did it over i would get the dare because its not as bulky since it doesnt flip open.

·
P/E #426
372 Posts
I have the LG Dare and really like it. With that being said, i feel that Verizon has the best coverage. I rarely lose reception and or signal.

·
special k
254 Posts
Cell Phone

i also have the voyager love it,i have had the dare but didnt like the touch screen.by far the best coverage mine works everywhere i go from
steamboat cove to temple bar on lake mead.:)devil:)devil:)devil

·
I'm baaaaack...
4,365 Posts
I have the Verizon branded 6900 touch screen phone. Not as good as my iPod Touch (which emulates the iPhone) but better than the LG Dare, which I took back. The manufacturer is HTC (for High Tech Company, or some such nonsense).

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have the dare as well. The only complaint i have is the qwerty keyboard is a tad hard to use. but im not big into text messaging so its not a big deal. Its also pretty compact and not real bulky.

·
Premium Member
1,190 Posts
After you having the iPhone, do not get the Blackberry Storm 9530. It sucks and you will be pissed.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm not going back to ATT any time soon so an iphone is out of the question. I don't text a lot which is why I was looking at the three I mentioned. I was leaning towards the LG Dare.

·
ERECT MEMBER
2,414 Posts
I text alot so the dare was no good for me..Took it back
Had the voyager for bout 6 months. its great for text cuz it has a big key board. The thing I hated was the touch screen, you have to make sure its locked cuz it will start calling people when its in you pocket, bag, glove box.
I have the envy 2 now, smaller key board but its compact and works well.
Yes they are limited on phones but their coverage is awesome!!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
After you having the iPhone, do not get the Blackberry Storm 9530. It sucks and you will be pissed.
It is just different....I have the storm, it works just fine for me. The typing takes a little time to get used to.....but missed key hits are a thing of the past. Besides the Storm works with more e-mail systems...but does not have all the cool apps yet. I would say the i-phone is probably better...but the storm does not suck

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.