Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Old School class of 75'
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to Lake powell in two weeks for vacation on House Boat, please tell me there is NO cel service on Lake Powell?

·
Banned
4,599 Posts
please tell me there is NO cel service on Lake Powell?
Absolutely none...espeically once you hit the power button and throw the phone in the bottom of your bag. ;)

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
the faster you leave the wawheap area the faster you will lose service.

Nextel was good for that once you past mesquite nevada you didnt get service til you came back.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Sorry to tell you but if you have Verizon....turn around because the network is really right behind you. I was making calls in the back of Rock Creek last September. All my firends were using my phone to call home and check on their kids. If you go out in the middle of the channel its even better. As stated before...turn it off or leave it in the car. I make it a practice to leave my phone off.

·
Displaced Azian
783 Posts
Bottom line here,,, If you don't want cell service through Verizon there, follow Jordy's advice (damn, it hurts to say that).

Rule of thumb there with both Alltell and Verizon is that if you can see either the smokestacks of the power plant or the top of Navajo Mountain, you have cell service. :)st

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
I was there 2 weeks ago. The only person who had cell service had a Verizon phone. We were parked at Confluence Cove or Jacks Arche for 10 days. He said he had no problems, sorry,,,,lol.

·
Member In Training
1,985 Posts
a small amount of service can be found right around the outskirts of Dangling Rope, good luck....

·
100% Pimp 50% of the Time
1,516 Posts
Bottom line here,,, If you don't want cell service through Verizon there, follow Jordy's advice (damn, it hurts to say that).

Rule of thumb there with both Alltell and Verizon is that if you can see either the smokestacks of the power plant or the top of Navajo Mountain, you have cell service. :)st
Bingo this man knows of what he speaks. Unfortunately my Verizon works out there..... But not when off and my boss doesn't know:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts