Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Does anyone have a good condersor laying around for a vertex mag
send it in to Joe Hunt or Don Zig & have it serviced & you will know "exactly" whats wrong with it & you will get it back in A-1 shape :)...it doesnt cost that much to have it checked!...just sayin' my .02 cents

·
SIZE DOES MATTER
52 Posts
Good thing the guys wasn't asking for a valve cover gasket. You would have sent him to Paul Pfaff for a rebuilt.:)sphss

·
SIZE DOES MATTER
52 Posts
:wtf: The guy asks for a condenser and FastRat has him pulling the mag out of the engine and sending it off to Cali.
No, I am not getrdone. He would tell the guy to toss the mag and replace it with a points & condenser distributor from 1963 Impala along with a Accel Super Coil.

·
Platinum Member
2,014 Posts
send it in to Joe Hunt or Don Zig & have it serviced & you will know "exactly" whats wrong with it & you will get it back in A-1 shape :)...it doesnt cost that much to have it checked!...just sayin' my .02 cents
X2

·
Banned
293 Posts
:wtf: The guy asks for a condenser and FastRat has him pulling the mag out of the engine and sending it off to Cali.No, I am not getrdone. He would tell the guy to toss the mag and replace it with a points & condenser distributor from 1963 Impala along with a Accel Super Coil.
No I wouldn't.Nice try. Leave me out of this.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
:wtf: The guy asks for a condenser and FastRat has him pulling the mag out of the engine and sending it off to Cali.
No, I am not getrdone. He would tell the guy to toss the mag and replace it with a points & condenser distributor from 1963 Impala along with a Accel Super Coil.
Just kidding,Matt call Taylor they own vertex now,you can get one from them or check magsarus.com

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mag

Cool thanks guys the old mag just quit the other day and the points look good you take the condensore lose and dont let it ground and the damn thing works again im thinking the condensore i just dead

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I have a mag at zig s right now, and it's $80 or so for servicing. I bought a used mag and somebody had sent 12 volts to it, frying the points and wiring harness . $240 and I'll be back in business!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts