Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has the time to waste to look at this long video of the pin heads getting pepper sprayed at the END of the video, enljoy. To sumarize, usual sit down protest, some arrested with tents and kept on ground. Main large group at one point walks over to arrestees being held by PD nearby, demands their release indicating they will seek to release them. This is serious stuff at this point, LEO clearly out numbered and surrounded. To LEO folks this is known as a "rescue", freeing arrested citizens, sort of a jail break to a lesser extent. They form a circle around the PD, the PD gives at least 6 warnings including that they will pepper spray to take away their prisoners. This is where the national news video kicks in and only shows the pepper spraying, when is seems the officers after 6 warnings are basically trying to take away prisoners and the protesters walked about 100 yards to the LEO's. The rest is history. The politics have taken over along with the big spin. If my kid was in that group, their $$ would end yesterday.

UC Davis Pepper Spray - What Really Happened - YouTube

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
are you trying to say that those little darlings created this problem? their parents must be very proud!

·
MLC - Mid Life Crisis
1,132 Posts
To LEO folks this is known as a "rescue", freeing arrested citizens, sort of a jail break to a lesser extent.
Actually, in CA it is known as Lynching (405a of Penal Code)... and the protestors got away way too easy.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
PC correct u are, corrected I am on lynching. And I do agree, the entire group is way over the line. More that that this illistrates how incomplete the evening news is, either by design or lack of caring in editing.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Clearly the idiots blocking the sidewalk got what they had coming to them.

But to me - that video shows a lot more LEO than depicted in the short video. Looks like LEO got themselves into their own pickle. More like a line in the sand issue, than concern for their own safety. I'm not buying that argument at all.

·
MLC - Mid Life Crisis
1,132 Posts
The sad thing was that liberal puke dean/chancellor (female) decrying the use of force. What a set of ovaries.

·
Just Me
4,086 Posts
No sympathy here for the protesters. The police warned them, gave them time to disperse, warned them again, and again, then finally acted and carried out what they warned them about. The police fear for their safety wasn't a fear of imminanet danger or they would have had weapons drawn. The fear was probably one of this could get out of control and become life threatening if they didn't act to stop it from heading that way. From what I heard and saw they gave adequate time to disperse the mob, yet not so much time as to allow uncontrolled escalation of hostilities to occur. Looked like good police work to me.

·
Premium Member
3,359 Posts
Wow, these are some of our supposed intelligent offspring? Amazing how they are so easily led by the guy leading the 'chants'. Wonder if they arrested him for inciting a riot? In 1970 at Kent State they shot students for lesser offenses.
Jocko

·
Displaced Azian
783 Posts
Disgusting.. That's the first word that comes to mind. Should have Tazed everyone of those protesters...

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
. More that that this illistrates how incomplete the evening news is, either by design or lack of caring in editing.
Hmm, just like the Rodney King video. Anyone ever see the whole thing?

The police fear for their safety wasn't a fear of imminanet danger or they would have had weapons drawn. The fear was probably one of this could get out of control and become life threatening if they didn't act to stop it from heading that way. .
Good thing it wasn't an all black crowd, the police would have had to shoot dozens of people. :D

In 1970 at Kent State they shot students for lesser offenses.
Jocko
Ooh, horrible correlation there. Kent State is generally considered to be a boo-boo. :shock:

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
For what it's worth, I have some respect for non-violent protest, if not OWS. And a little respect for those are willing to be arrested without violence and face consequences. A little bit of this is perhaps a sign of a healthy society. In that sense there might be something to be learned here, straddling the lines on the use of force, edging over to violence. The cops acquitted themselves well, IMO.

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
Wow, these are some of our supposed intelligent offspring? Amazing how they are so easily led by the guy leading the 'chants'. Wonder if they arrested him for inciting a riot? In 1970 at Kent State they shot students for lesser offenses.
Jocko

My son goes to Davis, and according to him most of the active participants were from San Francisco and were not students,

·
not ******
718 Posts
shit, you dont need to cause trouble to get that treatment....we did it for fun, grab a beer its entertaining :)devil:)devil i'm the one with no shirt on

·
Already miss the 310/562
13,551 Posts
My sweet little Johnnie would never do something like THAT... :duh:

Time for a trip to the wood shed for a bunch of those brats...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts