Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran into this guy today at the ramp..woooooowwww? How could I not share this boat. I'm kicking myself in the ass for not taking an interior pic because it was f'n awesome. He said it was made in 1901, on the back it was named QUEEN MOTHER.:)devil Note the stained glass in the windows...

·
" Live Laterally "
4,536 Posts
Pretty cool. My dad has one kind of like it. He bought it to remember my grandmother. I will have to get some pics.

·
Registered
82 Posts
That is really cool.

I love all old wood boats. It is neat to see people using them. Wife & I just spent Labor Day in Wheeling, West Virginia at an APBA Vintage event.

55 of the most outstanding old race boats. Mostly hydroplanes from 10' with 4 bangers to 25' with blown big blocks. The oldest was built in 1947 and the owner ran it like it was built yesterday.

This is my 1965 Jones KT. The build is almost complete. One more week -

LT

·
" Live Laterally "
4,536 Posts
That is really cool.

I love all old wood boats. It is neat to see people using them. Wife & I just spent Labor Day in Wheeling, West Virginia at an APBA Vintage event.

55 of the most outstanding old race boats. Mostly hydroplanes from 10' with 4 bangers to 25' with blown big blocks. The oldest was built in 1947 and the owner ran it like it was built yesterday.

This is my 1965 Jones KT. The build is almost complete. One more week -

LT
Now that is SWEET!!!!!!:)devil Very classy.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I'd love to restore an old boat.

Can anyone help me find a late 50's to early 60's boat that's styled similar to the late 50's Cadillacs? I think Glastron made one that had the wings like the old Cadi's.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Here is a picture taken back in 1952. The guy standing up in the boat is my uncle Ed and the guy holding the boat was my Father. The picture was taken in front of my parents house on the Kankakee River just east of
Momence Illinois. I got my first ride in this boat a couple of years later.

Roger

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yep - that is my 1969 Ron Jones ET with turbine power. It will run right after the KT boat is complete.

Here are some shots from Wheeling.

Miss Desoto, built in 1955.

Barracuda built in 1947.

Not sure of the make but this is one strange set of headers.

LT

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.