Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
My daughter got her grandmother's Brad ski to use as a practice ski. Looks just like yours...she put some Connelly Fastback bindings on it. Figure the ski is about 42 years old. What could we buy today that will still be in great shape 42 years from now?

·
Mega user
1,215 Posts

These are all of our families MAHA skis. I have another photo of all of our skis but I need to dig it out. There is many more old skis in the other photo.

·
Registered
773 Posts
ski

i was just looking at my old WILEY single ski with a very mild tunnel in it. i bought it new in 1971. the fin in the back is a drop thru and the fin it self has two 3/8 inch holes and one 1/4 in hole. it has what i always consider a strange idea. the heel peice on the front boot has a really tall peice that gives zero support and is on a couple inches wide. i used it as a something to grab ahold of to pull it on. will try to get pictures of it later. the wood in the ski is out standing in color and design ect. :p

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Murdoch's rule............At least back in the seventy's....That's what I learned to go fast on........:)devil
I'm with ya!! Had Dick Murdoch fit my racebindings for the raceski in his shop...Still have my Murdoch 4 star...and ski every year on my FEATHER GLIDE!!!!:D:D:D

·
world's oldest teenager
685 Posts
I have my old wood Velmar, it has my name enlaid in walnut and the ski is ash, it is from the early 60's, also have a wood O'Brien and a wood Mahraja.

·
92 KURTIS RUNNER BOTTOM
1,374 Posts
My Dad gave me a old wood ski called a Sidewinder, it has a concave bottom, has anyone heard of that type before? it was back back in the 60's when he bought it new

·
Registered
773 Posts
ski's

:)handi talked to my dad today and he is 86 yrs old. his fav. ski was WHITE BEAR from st. paul min. the other name he called them was planks. i remember them and they did look like a plank. but were great for someone to learn on. White Bear also made ski's for kid's and they were pink. we had a set of them. the White Bears we had were blue and one set red and then the pink set for kids. wish i had pics of the water skis. brings back some thoughts of all the fun we had in the late 50's and late 60's on those old woody water ski's. i remember the old white polar bear on the wood water ski's. :)

·
Registered
576 Posts
re

A lot research was done here on Clearlake with Maja skis. Braito's Marina, in Kelseyville, California had the research dept of Maherajah.

·
Mega user
1,215 Posts

there are the two Murdochs 4th and 5th from the left, a few Maha's, and an old yellow green Taperflex laying 2nd from the left at the bottom.

1 - 20 of 152 Posts