Performance Boats Forum banner

101 - 120 of 152 Posts

·
Upstanding Member
12,708 Posts
Hey guys,great thread.I am in the middle of cleaning out my Dads place & have come across 1/2 a dozen old skis.Would anybody be interested in them?
1 Jobe Honeycomb
1 O'brien
2 Mahas
1 Bassett
1 Vouge
& about 6 Texas Toothpicks.
If thet are of use to anybody,let me know & I'll get some pics up.
Thanx guys
I wouldn't mind seeing pics of the mahas and the Bassett.

·
steelcomp was here
26,526 Posts
Nothing anyone is going to wet their pants over, but I made this in 10th grade wood shop. Actually one of the most fun skis I ever had (as a kid)
Ash and mahogony with walnut in the center on the bottom. Double concave!:)devil :|err
This was about 1974.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I bought a waterski from Brad just a few months before he went to... bullhead? i believe... hoping he is there still i need to get the bottom redone. tried to walk up on to the beach in the winter.. i made it out but chipped the resin on the ski.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Interested in buying vintage waterskis

I collect fine vintage waterskis as a hobby. My main focus is slalom skis. The skis must be in excellent shape. If anyone has vintage skis they want to sell please send me some pictures and I will let you know if I am interested in purchasing the ski. In addition, I have a lot of knowledge on the subject of vintage skis and I can help with any questions you may have about the skis.

Jgalitz
[email protected]

·
Monstrous
736 Posts
I have an all original Andy Clark with case. Bought it new from Andy in the late 60's. Kids don't appreciate it now. Not cool. Don't know what it is worth. I would like to see it go to someone who would enjoy it.
Send me a message.
Monstrous

·
Registered
1 Posts
Contact Mike Bemis- 949-433-3043

He's out of Lake Arrowhead, CA. He bought and has all the rest of the Brad ski stuff.

What ever happened to Brad, I had a few custom skis made by him back in the 70's . That guy made everything from casting his skags to his bindings back then. I believe his shop was in Bellflower California back then. I heard somewhere that he was busted selling drugs in the 80's and lost everything. Hope that was a rumor. If he still is alive he's got to be old.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Some old vintage skalom skis I found

I have some vintage slalom skis I pulled out of a boat im semi restoring which is a 78. Skis appear to be late 60's to mid or late 70's.
I will post pics of the Dick Pope. I'll post the other pics in a bit.

Obrien Competition
Dick Pope
Taperflex with Formulastic bindings
Vogue
my cell camera sucks lol. I'll take better pics with my digi camera later on today. My cell makes them look dirty they are pretty clean.

·
InsaneInjun
592 Posts
Hey guys,great thread.I am in the middle of cleaning out my Dads place & have come across 1/2 a dozen old skis.Would anybody be interested in them?
1 Jobe Honeycomb
1 O'brien
2 Mahas
1 Bassett
1 Vouge
& about 6 Texas Toothpicks.
If thet are of use to anybody,let me know & I'll get some pics up.
Thanx guys
ya !help a poor Indian out won't ya !but if your lookin for wompum,see ya new years will probly be the soonest. INJUN..

·
I'm famous !
7,043 Posts
Rode a old school Basset ski this weekend :)devil

·
Registered
6 Posts

These are all of our families MAHA skis. I have another photo of all of our skis but I need to dig it out. There is many more old skis in the other photo.
I have a maja exactly like the one second from right. Love that ski. Skiid on it 2 years ago at 78. The Lou's brothers( my sons) decided the technology was too old and I needed a more current ski. Skiid on one sons, but I prefer the old one.

mslou

·
I'm famous !
7,043 Posts
101 - 120 of 152 Posts