Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok now that i installed a new hard drive i need to reload some protection. whats the newest free downloads out there?:D

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
AVG free is a very good product and not a resource hog. I use it on all our workstation machines now and some problems I had before using Trend Micro have cleared up. Nod32 gets excellent reviews too but it isn't free.

·
Banne'd
2,568 Posts
I have spybot, must be good my computer only crash's five times a day, down from 10. kidding, it works great.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well got spybot, avast and avg. should be good to go now:)devil

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
As mentioned, put Malwarebytes on your list too (free).

·
Stihl Kicking
415 Posts
i have used adaware pro and spybot for many years, never had a problem.

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
AVG free is a very good product and not a resource hog. I use it on all our workstation machines now and some problems I had before using Trend Micro have cleared up. Nod32 gets excellent reviews too but it isn't free.
x2...

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
Malwarebytes
x several on that too.

I removed spybot and adaware that I'd been using for years on the advice of my IT guru that comes in when I can't solve something. When I made the change some issues cleared up. Spybot was getting pretty invasive and slowing things down a lot, unlike the spybot of yesteryear. So I am down to AVG free and Malwarebytes and things are running very smooth and quickly.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Avira is by far the best free virus protection.
That one looks promising, if i get a new system or reformat one of them I'll check it out.

-----------

Spybot is still fine, Ad-aware has jumped the shark - way too many things they are trying to squeeze in there these days.

Personally I use Iolo system mechanic with anti-virus, but not their firewall. The Sys Mech has a lot of cool tools to keep the puters maintained; the anti-virus is decent and it's not a system hog.

That's why I like Malwarebytes too - keep it simple sam.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts