Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a river front mobile at Echo lodge on the Parker Strip for over 20 years. Love that section of river. Management drove me away. New management there, but space rent is way above market value. River Lodge is priced right.

I'm looking into my next river place and have wondered about the Blythe stretch of river. Vista Del Rio is a possibility. I'm interested in your opinions of the park and the river. I've driven by several times, the one down side I noticed is during Monsoon season the water stays muddy for quite some time. Not going to run my jet in that water, sandpaper inside my jet would suck.

I spoke with the guy there. Liked what he had to say. No website for this place. Can't find much for pictures either.

I know it's a long, long stretch of river which could be cool except the water depth is a concern. The Parker Strip is easy to navigate due to the short stretch being pretty well regulated.

Any and all opinions would be appreciated. Pics too.

Side note: The evening racing died off on the Parker Strip many years ago. When I finally had my boat ready there was no one to play with. Any of this going on in Blythe?

Thanks

·
Senior Expert
252 Posts
I had a river front mobile at Echo lodge on the Parker Strip for over 20 years. Love that section of river. Management drove me away. New management there, but space rent is way above market value. River Lodge is priced right.

I'm looking into my next river place and have wondered about the Blythe stretch of river. Vista Del Rio is a possibility. I'm interested in your opinions of the park and the river. I've driven by several times, the one down side I noticed is during Monsoon season the water stays muddy for quite some time. Not going to run my jet in that water, sandpaper inside my jet would suck.

I spoke with the guy there. Liked what he had to say. No website for this place. Can't find much for pictures either.

I know it's a long, long stretch of river which could be cool except the water depth is a concern. The Parker Strip is easy to navigate due to the short stretch being pretty well regulated.

Any and all opinions would be appreciated. Pics too.

Side note: The evening racing died off on the Parker Strip many years ago. When I finally had my boat ready there was no one to play with. Any of this going on in Blythe?

Thanks

I spent the good part of 15 years on that stretch of river (Aha Quin) and once you learn the low spots its not a big deal and you just navigate those areas. It's a great stretch of river! In the 15 years I was on the river (nearly every other weekend) I saw the water brown maybe twice from the washes that "flash flood". It should not be a concern.

There used to be races in the evenings up in front of Lost Lake in the evenings but I'm not sure if they do it anymore as I have been off of that stretch of the river for about 8 years.

The only drawback of that area is the Indian land and the leases. I'm not sure how things are today but I doubt much has changed. I think the more established parks are pretty safe and you might find some places where you own the land but ask around if there are any significant events taking place with the Indians before you pull the trigger. I was about to buy a mobile home at Water Wheel several years ago but it fell through because there was major Indian drama happening at the time and I ended up buying a real house on real land that I own up near Needles. I was devastated when the place at Water Wheel fell through however in hindsight it was blessing in disguise.

Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I spent the good part of 15 years on that stretch of river (Aha Quin) and once you learn the low spots its not a big deal and you just navigate those areas. It's a great stretch of river! In the 15 years I was on the river (nearly every other weekend) I saw the water brown maybe twice from the washes that "flash flood". It should not be a concern.

There used to be races in the evenings up in front of Lost Lake in the evenings but I'm not sure if they do it anymore as I have been off of that stretch of the river for about 8 years.

The only drawback of that area is the Indian land and the leases. I'm not sure how things are today but I doubt much has changed. I think the more established parks are pretty safe and you might find some places where you own the land but ask around if there are any significant events taking place with the Indians before you pull the trigger. I was about to buy a mobile home at Water Wheel several years ago but it fell through because there was major Indian drama happening at the time and I ended up buying a real house on real land that I own up near Needles. I was devastated when the place at Water Wheel fell through however in hindsight it was blessing in disguise.

Good luck with your search.
Thanks, this is the feedback I was looking for.

They want a 5 year lease signed, credit check required and space rent is $395 a month. Since it's on the Arizona side I'm betting it's on Indian land.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thanks, this is the feedback I was looking for.

They want a 5 year lease signed, credit check required and space rent is $395 a month. Since it's on the Arizona side I'm betting it's on Indian land.
I have a place in VDR, it is NOT on indian land so dont have to worry about them getting involved with the owner, it is deeded land that he owns, no 99 yr BS. All the people in the park are TOP NOTCH. Owner runs a TIGHT SHIP, what he says goes, PERIOD. I don't have a problem with him and get along with him very well, some people in the park don't like him though. Water is great 90% of the time, after a BIG monsoon it can get murky but usually only happens once a year if even that. Space rent is $395.00 +/- plus water, trash, meter reading fee, and some other BS stuff, basically total space rent is more like $500.00 a month when all that is said and done. Electric is billed direct to you from APS. There is a private beach that is 100/150 yards long with a dozen or so buoys to tie up to (installed by tenants so if that guy is there he will ask you to move to another buoy) launch ramp is a little tricky but not impossible (points a little up river and with side current you have to stab your boat on or pull in and hold your boat while somebody backs your trailer in and walk it on) Cross over the freeway and there is 1000 of miles of trials for offroading, literally. Lots of cool stuff goes on in the park, Chili Cook off every Thanksgiving, corn hole tourny Pres weekend, rib cook off Easter, Easter egg hunt for kids, Poker Run in desert New Years, St Patties party, all kinds of stuff. Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions, I have been there for 9 years so I know the program pretty good.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
One bit of advise, check it out a few times before you commit to that park. Nothing against the park, but that stretch of river gets very busy, lots a fools on sea-do's because of the access off the fwy. And with the new hotel right off the freeway at Intake, it's only going to get busier.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the details guys. I was looking at Blythe for a significant savings over the Parker Strip and it's 45 minutes closer to my house. I'm not seeing the savings, the space rent and the little stuff at this park make it the same. The park sounds like a good one. Echo lodge was run the last several years by a complete idiot. He's gone now and as I understand it their are new owners too. I'm leaning on going back to Parker. Not sure where, but I do like the strip.

The Seadoo nats are everywhere, tough to get away from them. Good advice though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts