Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my 22' sunrunner, i have a 290 out drive behind a stout small block, pushing 430+ hp. wondering what the limit is as to hp for this outdrive? i dont hammer it out of the hole, i dont shift at high rmps, ect ect. i have some aluminum prop on there now, it works for skiing and cruising, but id like to get something for some speed. i know nothing about props or gear ratios for out drives so this is all new to me.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
IMHO the biggest possible gains you could obtain, while not cheap would be a Duo Prop conversion......

Search for non SX or DPX Volvo Penta Duo Props...

The prop choice is the 280-290's Achilles heel....

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you have a picture of your boat by anychance? i hae looked high and low and have nto been able to find a sun runner like mine. what are you getting out of that prop? good out of the hole? good top end ? im very interested in that prop and seeing your boat :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
my 290 gears are 1.61 the prop is awesome all around its custom built i waited 3weeks for it they build it on your hp and weight of boat every year i have them labb it

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lets see this beauty. i have never seen another performance sun runner. the only other sun runners i have seen are the larger over night cuddy boats similar to a bay liner or a sea ray. the prop pretty pricy ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
i will try to post a picture its a 1988 sunrunner has a small block chevy vortec built by jason sarris of performance marine new york ,msd 8.5wires distubutor,6al marine ignition box holley 650 built by allstate carb on long island edlebrock rpm performer intake revolution marine aluminum 4'' exchaust, i live in ct and always on ct river or long island sound

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine was originally burgandy top, white bottom and all white interior with burgandy carpet, says the previous owner. Barf. Would have loved to see a picture of it back then. You know of any other sun runner owners? I've never seen another. Looked long and hard too. Not even pictures.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts