Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
lisandon95386
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know who rebuilds these trim rams? mine are leaking a little fluid.i just cant see paying over 800.00 for each one.please help
don

·
New here
4,219 Posts
You might be locked into the higher price - but I really don't know. The reason I say that is; EVERY white Vulva outdrive I see has a ratchet strap holding it up while on the trailer. Therefore, it would be an assumption that there either ISN'T a fix for them / or / it's a very expensive fix.

·
It's what we do
723 Posts
Unfortunately rebuild kits are not available for them and new cylinders are very expensive.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Volvo used different rams, if yours has the removable end cap you can support the drive and unhook the ram ends, remove the cap and take the parts to a good seal house.

·
lisandon95386
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Volvo used different rams, if yours has the removable end cap you can support the drive and unhook the ram ends, remove the cap and take the parts to a good seal house.
the endcaps are welded on from looking at them.darn things need fluid about every two months even just stored with the outdrive in the down position/up position makes no differance.small amount of fluid on the ground.
don

1 - 12 of 12 Posts