Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
5,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And Soccer is still on.I can`t imagine holding NASCAR up for that pitiful sport.I would rather watch paint dry.:|err

·
Registered
110 Posts
My guide says NHRA Doesn't come on till 4:30, but I know what you mean. If drag racing runs late they don't show the rest of the race. If the WNBA is on we have to watch the whole Fn game

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,464 Posts
Pissed me off a couple of times this year. Either waiting for soccer or women's basketball to end.:|err
Don't forget the Little League world series.
They were better than soccer though.

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Nascar/NHRA

You have to remember NHRA is TAPED, Nascar is live. Sure there are a couple of NHRA races shown live, but for the most part, they are tape delayed so they can be condensed into a time allotment......It was the TV network that instigated the "oil down" points loss because clean up took so much TV time during a live broadcast. Limiting Nitro percentages is the same as restrictor plates in Nascar. I say "let em' race"........Maintain cu in limits and get out if the way for 1320 feet...........Ray

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,464 Posts
You have to remember NHRA is TAPED, Nascar is live. Sure there are a couple of NHRA races shown live, but for the most part, they are tape delayed so they can be condensed into a time allotment......It was the TV network that instigated the "oil down" points loss because clean up took so much TV time during a live broadcast. Limiting Nitro percentages is the same as restrictor plates in Nascar. I say "let em' race"........Maintain cu in limits and get out if the way for 1320 feet...........Ray

Seeing Scotts' fatal crash last year, I am not in favor of 1320' fuel racing UNTIL the tracks are extended, and sand trap area is made consistent to the same standard at EVERY track. Whatever that standard may be.
The burst panel automatic shut down and chute deployment is a big step in the right direction. Those mods' alone MAY have made a difference with Scott. (RIP, we miss you champ)
I am not in favor of slowing them down, nor am I a FAN of the 1000' racing, BUT until the tracks can be made consistent and adequate shut down available in cases like Scotts', I can't see 1320' as an option.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Prudhomme......funny as shit yesterday. "I've raced some RICH sons-of-bitches before.....but never a Country!!"

Great to see a win for that team and Spencer Massey, he had Dixon covered!! Will be good to see who gets Rookie of the year, him or Langdon. Both only 27...and doing great with the jump to Fuel.

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
Prudhomme......funny as shit yesterday. "I've raced some RICH sons-of-bitches before.....but never a Country!!"

Great to see a win for that team and Spencer Massey, he had Dixon covered!! Will be good to see who gets Rookie of the year, him or Langdon. Both only 27...and doing great with the jump to Fuel.
Massey deserves toolbag of the year, I'd vote for that.

Prudhomme is the man.

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Shut down

Seeing Scotts' fatal crash last year, I am not in favor of 1320' fuel racing UNTIL the tracks are extended, and sand trap area is made consistent to the same standard at EVERY track. Whatever that standard may be.
The burst panel automatic shut down and chute deployment is a big step in the right direction. Those mods' alone MAY have made a difference with Scott. (RIP, we miss you champ)
I am not in favor of slowing them down, nor am I a FAN of the 1000' racing, BUT until the tracks can be made consistent and adequate shut down available in cases like Scotts', I can't see 1320' as an option.
Most tracks have adequate shut down length. Engishtown does not, so lets chop down all the races to Englishtown's shortfall??? If Englishtown can't expand the track, (and they can't due to un available real estate), give that race to a track that meets the standards. Simple, easy, and the right think to do. Drivers have been killed in accidents that had nothing to do with short tracks. Granted Scott's accident could have/should have been avoided, but after thousands and thousands of successful fuel passes down that track it seems like a kneejerk reaction to shorten the course to 1000 feet. I've said it before, take the computers out of the fuelers and make them tune from the seat of their pants and ET and speed slips. Take away the clutch timers and make them actually "adjust" the clutch in the pits, not the staging lanes. Take away ALL the electronics and replace them with Nitro!!!!......Ray

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,464 Posts
Most tracks have adequate shut down length. Engishtown does not, so lets chop down all the races to Englishtown's shortfall??? If Englishtown can't expand the track, (and they can't due to un available real estate), give that race to a track that meets the standards. Simple, easy, and the right think to do. Drivers have been killed in accidents that had nothing to do with short tracks. Granted Scott's accident could have/should have been avoided, but after thousands and thousands of successful fuel passes down that track it seems like a kneejerk reaction to shorten the course to 1000 feet. I've said it before, take the computers out of the fuelers and make them tune from the seat of their pants and ET and speed slips. Take away the clutch timers and make them actually "adjust" the clutch in the pits, not the staging lanes. Take away ALL the electronics and replace them with Nitro!!!!......Ray
I am not in disagreement with You, but we both know that with sponsorship and TV, Knee jerk reactions are the norm.
Lets just hope that NHRA can appease these forces in a manner that is safer, and provide 1320' racing again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts