Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
professional slacker
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone do this?

I'm land locked and it's driving me farking crazy. It's so bad, I sat on my longboard in my pool yesterday.

So around Midnight, I waxed up my stick and said fark it.. "I'm going to the lake with the boat". Was going to play with differant trims and speeds to try to make some mush.

So this weekend you see some afro guy with a 9+ footer trying to ride the nose, throw a "hand loose".

:)devil

·
professional slacker
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bruddah.. i aint listening..

(hand over ears)
la la la la la la la la la la

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
i do know how ya feel tho man, i went to college away from the beach in nor cal and went crazy... but not anymore!

·
professional slacker
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
4 more months. then I skip out of here.

I tired.... again. I think it pretty clear the SD is home.

·
professional slacker
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Big time mess. My wife is starting to hate me. haha

We started in Carlsbad, ended up in Solana Beach.

Should of stayed in Carlsbad.

Redo!

·
Registered
353 Posts
I do it all the time, but I have a Malibu 23LSV. It will be tough with anything but a wakeboard boat with a ton of ballast. With our boat we fill all the three tanks (1000 gallons), but the wedge down and pile as many people on board as possible. With a minimum of four adults you can get a decent ride, but the more weight you add, the better it gets. Also make sure you are doing it in deep water.

B

·
0 Posts
Moving up here from Newport Beach and not being able to surf anymore SUCKED!!! Soon as I could afford it I bought a new v-drive wakeboat and now I can surf (close as it gets) whenever I want and having a great time with it. Not sure if its illegal to surf behind an I/O or not but I know its extreamely dangerous and not recomended. Not sure what kinda boat you have but just thought id mention it in case.

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Here's a switchblade that my dads shop 'Ace Marine' installed on a customers boat. The customers name is James Harrold (DJ JamesZ) who is pretty deep into wake surfing and is trying to take this sport to the top.

1450 lbs of fat sac and the switchblade = 5ft wake, pretty crazy.

Attachments

·
professional slacker
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
whoa.. that wake is crazy! if you had a ski rope, just sit back on it and get covered up.. it would be endless J-Bay!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Yep. Malibu 247 here and it's sweet for what I can shape with it. Problem is I need a longer board. The standard from Overtons (CWB), I can't keep up with the wake when I toss the rope. My 12 yo daughter can ride all day long w/o the rope. It's a blast. We all went nuts the first time my duaghter got in the pocket and stayed up as long as she wanted. Cool as shiat. :)devil

·
Registered
5,838 Posts

If I hit that wake in my boat going over 40mph it would be like hitting a skateboard ramp at the X-Games! If I went to slow better call the ins co., because my shits at the bottom of the river. These wake boats are getting out of focking control.

·
Registered
797 Posts

If I hit that wake in my boat going over 40mph it would be like hitting a skateboard ramp at the X-Games! If I went to slow better call the ins co., because my shits at the bottom of the river. These wake boats are getting out of focking control.
Agreed, if you want to surf, go to the beach.

·
Some guys never learn.
658 Posts
Your gonna need a shorter board also. With rubber padding on the top. You get up wake board style. At least that's the way I've done it. Real short rope to get you in the best part of the wake.

·
Registered
413 Posts
DO NOT surf behind a boat w/ an I/O or Outboard. Jet should be safe enough, but a v-drive is pretty much a requirement to get the wake size.

Surfing behind a friends Malibu i've fallen and hit my hand on the swim platform. Imagine hitting the spinning prop instead:):)punch:|err

Be safe.

·
Registered
656 Posts

Agreed, if you want to surf, go to the beach.
Sounds like canoers talking about your boats........waahhh. Where's that wamublance smiley? ;):D

Just kidding......I pay attention to what's around me. We won't throw the big stuff unless we're in our own cove. I won't be the guy that swamps you, and if I do, I'll be right over to help you and pay for any damage. I'm big on boating etiquette. Just remember, while you hate the wake boats, there's plenty of canoers and environmentalists that bitch about you, too. It's not YOUR world, it's everyone's. Can't we all just get along???? :D:D

Personally, I think those big arse Chapparals are the worst, anyway. Them and those damn oil tankers.....wtf. :D It's all about the driver.

Niced wake btw, in your pic. RT.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts