Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to rent a wakeboard/tournament boat to take to Lake Powell for 3 days. I will be in Phoenix so thought it would be best to rent there and tow to Powell.

Anyone know of a good rental place that I can get a great deal?

or does anyone know someone that would be interested in renting their boat for a few days? I take really good care of stuff and have boated in performance boats most of my life. I always bring stuff back in better shape then when I took it :)

Let me know if you have the hookup!!

BTW- I would need it June 14th (sun) thru the 17th (wed)

Mike

·
Az Desert Dweller
2,436 Posts
:D Popcorn, get yer popcorn, is yer phone ringing off the hook with folks who'll rent ya there boat, popcorn, get yer popcorn........................

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
WOW!...Rentable Wakeboard boats!...I would hope that the boats would only be available in "DAYGLOW" orange!...and not allowed to be around low freeboard boats! hil:)

·
Registered
115 Posts
I need to rent a wakeboard/tournament boat to take to Lake Powell for 3 days. I will be in Phoenix so thought it would be best to rent there and tow to Powell.

Anyone know of a good rental place that I can get a great deal?

or does anyone know someone that would be interested in renting their boat for a few days? I take really good care of stuff and have boated in performance boats most of my life. I always bring stuff back in better shape then when I took it :)

Let me know if you have the hookup!!

BTW- I would need it June 14th (sun) thru the 17th (wed)

Mike
I know Mike and if I had a wakeboard boat I'd let him take it out....no rent. That's how much I trust him. However, because of liability reasons I'd suggest renting from a rental company.

Art

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know Mike and if I had a wakeboard boat I'd let him take it out....no rent. That's how much I trust him. However, because of liability reasons I'd suggest renting from a rental company.

Art

Thanks Art!!!

There sure are a bunch of haters out there:(:(

I know rental places in Salt Lake that I can get a good deal from but I don't have any connections in Phoenix. Looking on the web they want $500 a day.

Just thought i would throw it out there and see if anyone knows someone.

Mike

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gotta be someone around the lake...

All the rentals at lake Powell are crap boats and in pretty bad shape. I don't want to rent some piece of crap and spend my time working on it. At least I have not been able to find any good boats in the Wahweep (sp?) area.

MP

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
Thanks Art!!!

There sure are a bunch of haters out there:(:(

I know rental places in Salt Lake that I can get a good deal from but I don't have any connections in Phoenix. Looking on the web they want $500 a day.

Just thought i would throw it out there and see if anyone knows someone.

Mike
Not starting any sort of hoop-la with you Mike, but you kinda have to admit...renters of any type dont generally take any sort of care to the property that is being rented, wether it be a boat, jet ski, or a hertz rent-a-car! we've all been there and done that, the day glow (aka...Hater) comment was meant so that fellow boaters and myself can see what is comming down the river taking out beach front camps along with the swamping little boats such mine and putting the hurt on floatillas! my post was direccted to the companies that could care less about the water ways and the safety thereof!
Good luck on your skiboat hunt and have a great safe holiday!
Todd

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not starting any sort of hoop-la with you Mike, but you kinda have to admit...renters of any type dont generally take any sort of care to the property that is being rented, wether it be a boat, jet ski, or a hertz rent-a-car! we've all been there and done that, the day glow (aka...Hater) comment was meant so that fellow boaters and myself can see what is comming down the river taking out beach front camps along with the swamping little boats such mine and putting the hurt on floatillas! my post was direccted to the companies that could care less about the water ways and the safety thereof!
Good luck on your skiboat hunt and have a great safe holiday!
Todd

Todd,

I wasn't referring to you has the hater, mostly popcorn comment. I agree that most renters do not take very good care of the rental. That is why I thought I would see if a private guy would want to make some money and rent his boat to a guy like me that will take care of it.

Thanks for clarifying !!

I did find a commercial rental place that will rent a pretty nice wake board boat for $333 a day during the week. That is a little better then $500-600 a day that I was seeing online.

I know some of my friends are renting out their RV's to help pay for their payment. When times are tough you do what you can to make ends meet.

MP

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Just wondering... Where do you live in Draper? I am moving there, actually I already work in SLC and stay in Draper now, home in AZ on the weekends. Trying to move a house in AZ so I can buy 1 of the 3 houses we have picked out in Draper.

You may know a good friend of mine. He lives in Draper and has a F29 with Teague 800.

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just wondering... Where do you live in Draper? I am moving there, actually I already work in SLC and stay in Draper now, home in AZ on the weekends. Trying to move a house in AZ so I can buy 1 of the 3 houses we have picked out in Draper.

You may know a good friend of mine. He lives in Draper and has a F29 with Teague 800.

Are you talking about Mike Yancey? He lives in Draper with a DCB TCM 800. I live 139th south and 450 east. You may also Know Jim that has a 33 Daytona w/TCM 800's, he lives next door to me.

What do you do?

MP

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Are you talking about Mike Yancey? He lives in Draper with a DCB TCM 800. I live 139th south and 450 east. You may also Know Jim that has a 33 Daytona w/TCM 800's, he lives next door to me.

What do you do?

MP
Yes, Talking about Mike. I do not know Jim.

Currently staying with friend when I am up there for work. He lives off of 133rd south and about 4th east. I am looking to buy in Steeple Chase or right off of 122nd So and 1400 East.

My position is VP of marketing for a company called SendOutCards.

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, Talking about Mike. I do not know Jim.

Currently staying with friend when I am up there for work. He lives off of 133rd south and about 4th east. I am looking to buy in Steeple Chase or right off of 122nd So and 1400 East.

My position is VP of marketing for a company called SendOutCards.

Steeple Chase is nice!!

We are going to start doing Hot boat night out on Utah lake again. We did it awhile ago on Wednesday after work but stopped doing it a couple years ago.

Next time we go out I will drop you a PM.

MP

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Steeple Chase is nice!!

We are going to start doing Hot boat night out on Utah lake again. We did it awhile ago on Wednesday after work but stopped doing it a couple years ago.

Next time we go out I will drop you a PM.

MP

I am in. Tell yancey to call Michael who is from AZ but working up here.

I hear that lake is only like 8' deep???

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am in. Tell yancey to call Michael who is from AZ but working up here.

I hear that lake is only like 8' deep???

It is deeper then that but not by much. IT is a pretty nice lake in the spring but by the end of the summer I think there are to many bugs and algae.

MP

·
Az Desert Dweller
2,436 Posts
:)bulb Dude, sorry you took offense to the popcorn, don't know to many who will loan, rent, etc.. thier 45k+ boat to some unknown person, not only that are you going to have a contract with said person to cover damages should any thing happen to the boat, trailer ??, then I guess that person is going to have to trust that you really have the money to pay for any damages, thats a big risk for someone to take ???:)bulb

1 - 19 of 19 Posts